Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I tried to start my bike after installing my exhaust and PCV but the battery wasnt charged and since it was inside I couldn't push start it so I tried to start the bike using my portable booster. Before, with the ignition in the ON position, all the lights would start up and the instrument gauges would light up but it just didnt have the charge to turn the engine over but NOW after trying to boost it nothing lights up at all. Nothing happens when the turn the key... No lights, no gauges and it won't start. I hooked up my battery tender to it for an hour and now it reads a full charge but still nothing when i turn the key... Did I fry the ECU or something by trying to boost it? :nono:nono:nono

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok, so I found a blown fuse in the "ETV" slot and I replaced that with the spare fuse beside it but still nothing.. Weird? :(

Edit: Main fuse also blown.. I dont think the bike holds a spare 50A fuse right?

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
It may be 50 amp now. But the main fuse should have a spare sitting next to it. If not, that fuse may not be the main fuse.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
It should be located under the seat, near the battery.

I would double check your install of the PCV first. If you blew the fuse once, your likely to do it again. Be sure that all power connections are properly placed, as per instructions. If you have the bikes user manual, it should show fuse locations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts