Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Oh Ya
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking on ebay for some and counldn't find anything like that. could you tell me who the seller was?

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
Those will too fit on a Yamaha, along with Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, whatever. I just got some from the same guy and they have an elongated hole on both sides for mounting. They are universal mirrors, they look pretty nice, except I wanted the carbon ones and had to settle for black instead.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Those will too fit on a Yamaha, along with Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, whatever. I just got some from the same guy and they have an elongated hole on both sides for mounting. They are universal mirrors, they look pretty nice, except I wanted the carbon ones and had to settle for black instead.
Can I see a pic of them on your bike

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
I didnt like the look of them with the universal brackets that came with the mirrors. I custom mounted them useing the yamaha mirror brackets. I just drilled out the small rivit and used a 1 inch screw from home depot with washers.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I didnt like the look of them with the universal brackets that came with the mirrors. I custom mounted them useing the yamaha mirror brackets. I just drilled out the small rivit and used a 1 inch screw from home depot with washers.
cool I went ahead and got thr blue ones for my bike maybe I will use the same solution as you if I dont like the brackets... whenever they arrive

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
How did you run the wiring?
The wires are very thin so becarefull when attaching the wires. From led mirrors the red is the positive and white is the negative. Run extension wires down to the factory signal wires. Connect white to the black and then red to the brown or the green for the signal 12v. The blue is for the running lights 12v always on.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
hey hector113 is that your stock windscreen? And if so did you just paint it?
Stock windscreen. I took 400 grit sand paper and scuffed the inside of the windscreen and left the stock sticker on. I cleand it with alcohol and painted the inside with dupli-color white.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I used the same mirrors on my '07. As long as you don't mind making the modifications to the mount bracket to make them look stock they are a great addition.

·
Registered
34 Posts
signal mirrors look good man.. thanks for posting those up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts