Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having trouble with the site alot of the times? Time for a new server? I'd be willing to chip in if that's the case.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
where you been??

we are moving servers in a couple weeks if not sooner. You can send me some $$ tho, and I will make sure it gets to where it needs to go! :)

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Yes the site has had some problems (major at times), but it appears to be a lot better then it was last week.

Your answer would be this:
http://www.r6-forum.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6300

SpidermanSS said:
Hey everyone... I got a chance to post this in a few other threads and the reason why it was posted on the r1-forum.com is because this site was down. The FTP access is still down for me now, last week I was away developing new parts for the 05 R6's and before that I was in Daytona... I'm used to getting cell messages on site outtages etc and took it for granted...

I do have the new graphics completed, attached here is as sample...

If anyone knows about servers and bandwidth the new setup will have no limits.. The R1-forum.com at peak months uses a Terabyte of data.... The new server will have 2 Terabytes available. When that's used up I'll add more. No one will have to sign up again, there is software in place to convert all of the info and users to vbull. It'll be pretty painless and I'll setup a tech forum during the transition for everyone to use for questions.... Once the new skin is in place I'll get a small team of users to test it for everyone and transfer any data that might not have gotten moved over.. So there will be a few lucky members trying it out first... For those of you calling me names or claiming it's corporate take over, it's sad you feel that way, but as soon as I had access again to the site here it was posted. Last week several forum members here contacted me and I let them know that it wasn't me but the server the site's on and to pass it around... Any of the doubters or name callers can calm down and chill, I've dropped about $2000 in servers and setups, customizing etc... and that's just so far... there's not going to be too many forums anywhere in the world that will have the servers we will here, the bandwidth and the people that will be on this site. Anyways whoever's "in-touch" with everyone and want's to be in charge of a forum wide email update list let me know and over the next two weeks as things are being implimented I'll drop screen shots and info as it's done... :)

-Shane

·
Registered
886 Posts
yeah iots slow been like that for a few weeks but im taking that spiderman is in the process of making the site better so i will be patient enough to wait and see results .. i guess for now ill just suck it up lol .. anyone for a beer ?? :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
dave said:
yeah iots slow been like that for a few weeks but im taking that spiderman is in the process of making the site better so i will be patient enough to wait and see results .. i guess for now ill just suck it up lol .. anyone for a beer ?? :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink
If that meant that I could ride my bike in your neck of the country I would be on my way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts