Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I named my bike Veronica.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about Sixsixone brand gear? My local Cycle Gear is having a huge sale and they have some Sixsixone Vapor Pressure Suits on sale stupid cheap. I checked the website for sixsixone and it seems they're a motocross gear company. The website says the removeable back protector is CE certified 1621 1&2. However, my concern is that alot of companies over the past years have been attaching the CE cert to their gear even though it's never been tested. Does anyone know anything about the brand, or their safety and quality? I went ahead and bought one because even if I don't wear the whole jacket assembly, the back protector and kidney belt are way more affordable than other comparable back protectors I've found, assuming they truly are CE certified. That and being able to wear that under a light longsleeve T (I'm in the military and have to wear longsleeves) is easier than wearing a full jacket when I'm out goofing off.

You can just do a yahoo! or google search for 2010 sixsixone vapor pressure suit and see what I'm talking about if you're not familiar with it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
SixSixOne does deal mainly in motocross gear. My son was sponsored by them back when he was racing, and they do make very good equipment. He used the pressure suit for a few years, but complained that he couldn't move around very well with it on. So I told him he didn't have to use it in motocross, but still used it when racing flat track.

I will say that they do get hot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts