Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helloo..sorry for this such a stupid question.i just want to know does size really a big issue to ride a r6?im actually 5'3" tall and im in a big dilemma bcoz of it..as far that i know the seat height of 2006-08 version r6 is about 33.5" that means it is quite uncomfortable for a person like me.i think the best way is to make some lowered mod but for me to lower it too much is not a good idea bcoz this will effect the bike's geometry and mayb the handling and also its performance..mayb anybody can give me some idea what is the perfect solution for me bcoz im planning to get a r6 this year..

so hope that some of the racers out there that have the same situation like me can share some experiences and mayb some tips.thanks :rolleyes:

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
1- i could barely understand that
2- have you ever ridden before? because the 06-08 r6 is a race monster...not for the noobs, id reccomend the r6s as a maximum, its a bit less racey but still pretty unforgiving
3-its not the size of the ship, its the motion of the ocean, but yes lowering will mess with geometry and handling

·
Registered
205 Posts
My advice to you would be this:
(1) If you plan to get a new R6 and you just started riding I wouldnt recommend it unless you got bank to dump into those "opppss" moments.

(2) You can get an older R6 have it lowered to your "comfort" then when you get used to the bike have it raised back up again. You only need 1 foot down.

Size wise people will see you as a small person on the bike i.m.o I cant really tell. but all in all at your height you can manage on 1 foot on the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts