Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
My R1 eats me.
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I got my bike, it had some brand new tires on it. The front tire is a "Shinko" F009RR and the rear is a "Shinko" R009R. I haven't really heard much about these tires and I did a little search and couldn't really find any discussions about them.

I'm a little nervous to lean too far on these. Has anyone heard of these tires or used them?

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
You'll be fine.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
They're not the greatest, but unless you're hitting the track, or doing some really serious canyon runs, they'll work.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Running a lower psi week help grip a little better if your seriously concerned

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
My R1 eats me.
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not planning on going to the track anytime soon but just some aggressive street riding. I figured the dealer just threw the cheapest tires on it, I don't think he even balenced the wheels.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
If the wheels weren't balanced you would be immediately aware of it, and you would've taken it back there already. As for the quality of the tires.... They're kinda shit, but for the level of stress you'll be putting on them, even with your so called "Aggressive" street riding... They'll suit you just fine.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
If the wheels weren't balanced you would be immediately aware of it, and you would've taken it back there already. As for the quality of the tires.... They're kinda shit, but for the level of stress you'll be putting on them, even with your so called "Aggressive" street riding... They'll suit you just fine.
What if he was doing some Biker Boyz ridin'?!?!

·
Yeah Science!
7,338 Posts
Yuttt ugh!

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
What if he was doing some Biker Boyz ridin'?!?!
You mean like on a gravel road? Unless they're knobbies, he's boned either way.

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
For the dirtbike, I run shinkos exclusively. I can't tell a difference on the trail between then cheaper shinkos and the higher end dunlops. I have never used them for the R6, but I know people who have and they never had any problems with them. I run Michelin Pilot Road 2 mainly because I tossed them on there and they grip like a mofo and seem like they will never wear out.

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
I've had 2 sets of Shinko Advance 005 tires. It's been a few years but I thought for the money they were good tires. Street riding only I never had any problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts