Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2014 build.

I don't plan on racing this bike... Probably a few track days a year and maybe a local show... Some mods are for performance/comfort, others are simply bling

*Purchased/Installed:
-Full Graves Works Titanium w/Carbon silencer
-Power Commander V5
-Smog Blockoffs
-Exup removal plug
-K&N Race/Track Filter
-Sharkskinz track fairings w/Superbike tail
-ZG Corsa Windscreen
-Driven swingarm spools
-Driven Gas cap
-ECU Flash
-Graves Diamond sliders
-Graves adjustable Rearsets
-Renthal clip-ons
-CRG RC2 lutch/Brake levers
-Renthal Kevlar grips
-Spiegler Steel brake lines
-CL 59 brake pads
-Graves Progressive Throttle tube
-Marchesini M7R 7-spoke Magnesium wheels, Matte Black
-Michelin Power Super Sports
-Ohlin's Steering damper 68mm
-Graves Steering damper conversion
-Woodcraft Key Eliminator
-520 conversion, D.I.D ERV 3 chain, Superlite RS8 rear sprocket, SuperLite front. (Stock gearing)
-Dyno Tune
-Shorai lightweight Lithium Battery

Here is how she looks with 0 miles, bone stock:

My old build:

First "modifications" include a ZG Corsa windscreen and removal of the extra stickers.

Next up will probably be the removal of the stock fairings/blinkers/lights/etc..

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bodywork, lights, turn signals, etc, removed:

Power Commander V, Exup removal plug, Graves Full Works Titanium w/Carbon End cap, and Driven 1/4 gas cap on the way.... Installation of the above and block-offs will be next......

:secret

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smog plates installed:

K&N Race Filter:

Didn't realize the K&N doesn't have the OEM snorkel, but that's fine with me...

Still waiting on Exhaust, Gas Cap, Exup elim, and PC-V from MotoMummy, and SharkSkinz from Riders Discount...Hopefully one of the orders shows up before next weekend so I have something to work on.

·
Newbie Racer
5 Posts
Looks clean. SO nice to build a bike fresh with 0 miles.
The most eye appealing thing to me is simply seeing everything under the plastics so shiny and new!
Also, +1 on the nice garage :p

·
Reads the rulez
2,236 Posts
If you're gonna remove the kickstand, remove the entire piece - really cleans up the bottom and gives you a lot more room to work around in that area. If I remember correctly, there's 3 torx bolts holding the entire assembly on. They put lock tite on them from the factory, so they are a joy to remove...

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're gonna remove the kickstand, remove the entire piece - really cleans up the bottom and gives you a lot more room to work around in that area. If I remember correctly, there's 3 torx bolts holding the entire assembly on. They put lock tite on them from the factory, so they are a joy to remove...
Yeah, it is an eyesore but the problem is that I need that piece for my shift lever.. Haven't decided if I'll get a set of rearsets that changes the shift levers' mount point yet or not...

·
Registered
388 Posts
With your bike being down during the mod process, are you getting your ecu flashed?

That's one of the things I didn't see on your build list.

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With your bike being down during the mod process, are you getting your ecu flashed?

That's one of the things I didn't see on your build list.
I've read a lot of threads on how great it is but I don't plan on doing it.. Just a personal preference of mine...

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
I've read a lot of threads on how great it is but I don't plan on doing it.. Just a personal preference of mine...
.. WHY NOT ! .. biggest bang for the buck you can possibly do. Lots of other stuff you are doing is just "bling". no offense..

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
.. WHY NOT ! .. biggest bang for the buck you can possibly do. Lots of other stuff you are doing is just "bling". no offense..
I do enjoy the bling factor
:love

·
Reads the rulez
2,236 Posts
Performance per dollar, the ECU flash is vastly superior over any full exhaust system.

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Performance per dollar, the ECU flash is vastly superior over any full exhaust system.
But High Side, I read over on gixxxxxerforum.com that an expensive exhaust system would give me an extra 169 HP and all the girls would look and want a ride. Are you saying I was misled???? :eek:oh

1 - 20 of 120 Posts