Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
S1000rr
107 Posts
But High Side, I read over on gixxxxxerforum.com that an expensive exhaust system would give me an extra 169 HP and all the girls would look and want a ride. Are you saying I was misled???? :eek:oh
Panties will be dropping for sure if you stretch and lower it.

lol! Nice parts you are putting. I am still thinking of buying Armor body or Sharkskin?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks great man ! How you like sharkskinz in comparison to armour bodies?
It's hard to say..

The last time I bought Armour bodies was around 2010-2011 time frame. I drilled all the holes and installed all the fasteners myself with those. I paid the extra money to have SharkSkinz pre-drill and install the fasteners this time.. It was definitely worth the extra money..

Overall I would say Sharkskinz seems a bit more tough/stronger. The armour bodies seems a bit more flimsier.

I'm still not sure what to think of the Armour bodies styling.. Once I get them painted up the way I want we'll see how they look..

There are small differences between the 2 brands. Sharkskinz reduces the # of OEM fairing bracket bolts required.. There are 2 bolts on each side of the bike that are no longer used with SharkSkinz.. This probably has to do with the fact that Armour bodies is more of an OEM design while Sharkskinz went there own way a bit.

I did have to cut/sand down the bottom AND sides of my windscreen to get it to fit. The bottom portion always has to be cut because there are 2 tabs that jut out that won't fit on track fairings. Having to cut/sand down the sides was a bit unexpected though.

Once the build is complete I'll try to do a full comparison (pro's/cons)

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts
Looks great. So weird to see the OEM tires from the factory on a bike with track plastic on it! :lmao

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
..Oh, and forgot to mention.. Yes, I am considering an ECU Flash.. :)
a pig flew somewhere... :) yes, www.bauce-racing.com is one of the best things to do for the money.

Happy to see ya got Sharkskinz too. American company (right here in FL actually) and yes, they set the standard. I have always had to trim the windscreen a tad with the dremel wheel. but fit otherwise is perfect every time.

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
..Oh, and forgot to mention.. Yes, I am considering an ECU Flash.. :)

:flex:

a pig flew somewhere... :) yes, www.bauce-racing.com is one of the best things to do for the money.

Happy to see ya got Sharkskinz too. American company (right here in FL actually) and yes, they set the standard. I have always had to trim the windscreen a tad with the dremel wheel. but fit otherwise is perfect every time.
Do you use the ZG windscreen that is made just for sharkskinz or another one? Cause from what I understand is that the one for sharkskinz doesn't need trimming at the bottom where it would normally insert into OEM bodywork.

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
:flex:

Do you use the ZG windscreen that is made just for sharkskinz or another one? Cause from what I understand is that the one for sharkskinz doesn't need trimming at the bottom where it would normally insert into OEM bodywork.
I used the standard ZG corsa.. so yeah it was expected I'd have to shave the bottom 2 tabs off.. Had to do the same with my Armour Bodies. What I didn't expect was having to shave other parts of the windscreen off for it to fit. I know that the windscreen was correctly formed because it fit perfectly on the stock fairing.

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Driven 1/4 gas cap installed.. Well... Kind of.. What should have been the easiest/quickets addition to the bike turned up to a be a case of missing parts.. The gas cap did not come with the required o-ring to seal it to the gas cap base. I sent a message to Driven asking them for a replacement o-ring on Sunday, but have yet to get a reply back. We'll see what kind of customer service they have...

I believe the o-ring should be on the widest ring of the gas cap...

There's been some discussion on SharkSkinz and the kick stand. Note that you CAN leave the kickstand on the bike if absolutely required.. You just need to get rid of the heat shield, sensor, and superfluous brackets. The bolt will butt into the fairing just a bit, but I don't see it being a major issue if you choose to leave the kick stand installed:

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Doesn't someone (I think graces or attack) make a piece that replaces the kickstand mount and has the pivot location for the shifter?

I've always been of the mindset that if you don't need to remove it for bodywork or clearance, then leave it there. Too handy to have it.

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Doesn't someone (I think graces or attack) make a piece that replaces the kickstand mount and has the pivot location for the shifter?

I've always been of the mindset that if you don't need to remove it for bodywork or clearance, then leave it there. Too handy to have it.
I agree. It will be fairly trivial to remove now, which will be nice as well.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree. It will be fairly trivial to remove now, which will be nice as well.
Just double check if your racing org that is if you're racing, requires the removal of the stand.

My local race org requires it.

19.25.6 Items to be removed in the interest of safety are:
turn signals, rear view mirrors, side and center
stands, license plate, and anything else as may be
deemed dangerous by Tech.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
You are correct that most race orgs require it to be removed, but his first post says he doesn't plan on racing.

OP: if you want to sell it, I'll take the kickstand.

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Driven sent me the missing o-ring so gas cap install completed:

Flashed ECU installed courtesy of Bauce racing:

Graves Adjustable rearsets installed... I think I'll be looking into one of the SBK style rear reservoir in place of the stock one as the hose is kinked a bit and I just don't like the look. I'll also need to add an inch or 2 onto the new rear brake lines later on in the build:

21 - 40 of 120 Posts