Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Graves Adjustable rearsets installed... I think I'll be looking into one of the SBK style rear reservoir in place of the stock one as the hose is kinked a bit and I just don't like the look. I'll also need to add an inch or 2 onto the new rear brake lines later on in the build:

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo335/SlasherMcGee/BikeBuildPublic/680A5325_zpsdd47891a.jpg
You might want to check and see if the aftermarket rear line you buy is already longer. I think some companies make the rear a little longer than stock for whatever reason. I have a Fren Tubo one sitting around somewhere, I haven't installed yet. It looks like it is a little longer than stock. If I can find it, I'll measure it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Probably a stupid question, but why a flashed ecu and a pcv? Why not either or? What are the benefits of flashing the ecu and running a pcv map?
I do the same. There's a coupe reasons.
First, I run the Autotune with the PCV which makes adjustments to compensate for changes in atmospheric conditions (think temperature and elevation).
Second, making changes to a fuel map is easy with free software from Dynojet, whereas making changes to the ECU fuel map requires flashing software/hardware which is yet another additional expense.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks pbnut, I think I understand that stuff. What I was really meaning to say(probably wasn't worded correctly) was why run a pcv, AND and flashed ecu? Is this because the pcv can control all fuel adjustments, and the flashed ecu can have less engine braking, cooling fans come on earlier, and a higher idle?

·
^^Slow guy on fast bike^^
86 Posts
why run a pcv, AND and flashed ecu? Is this because the pcv can control all fuel adjustments, and the flashed ecu can have less engine braking, cooling fans come on earlier, and a higher idle?
That's exactly why I'm running a Bazzaz and a flashed ECU

·
Registered
69 Posts
ECU.................................

Nice build SlasherMcgee.. The tits for sure....

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts
First, I run the Autotune with the PCV which makes adjustments to compensate for changes in atmospheric conditions (think temperature and elevation).
Second, making changes to a fuel map is easy with free software from Dynojet, whereas making changes to the ECU fuel map requires flashing software/hardware which is yet another additional expense.
:stupic

Running the same set up on my bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ECU flash changes more than just your fuel map. (IT CHANGES Everything!!!!)

I have a flashed ECU with a base fuel map I work off of. Then I use Bazazz to make adjustments to the fuel map as needed for air temp, etc.....

There's no comparison to flashing the ECU.. My opinion of course.....

More pics SlasherMcgee!! Sorry for contributing to the thread jack. I couldn't help it.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts

Doesn't the standard ECU do that already?

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Wasn't able to work on the bike for a while... Was busy investigating warm beaches and fruity drinks in cups:

Just ordered SBK Rear brake reservoir kit and Speigler front/rear brake line kits, RBF 600 fluid, and some c60 brake pads. More to come...

41 - 60 of 120 Posts