Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone.

I have a 2004 R6 that I'm getting ready for my first track day. I have a couple of questions about sliders:

1. Is there an ideal length for my frame sliders to be?

2. There is an internal M8 x 1.25 screw thread on the underside of each of my driver footpegs, which I believe are stock. Is this for the mounting of some kind of slider or protection device? They look like if the bike were laid down in a low side, for example, and a foot peg folded up, this screw thread would be pointing down toward the track or ground. So if something like a slider were installed, it would prevent damage.

Thanks.

--Nate

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
the ideal length is to not have them...period.
The stock pegs come with metal feelers which are pretty much worthless. A folding peg will survive a crash better than a rigid mounted one. Ive never been to a track that mandated delrin protection for exposed edges.

Its your first trackday. Just relax and dont over think anything. You would gain more benefit to adjusting the clip ons to fit your chest size and work on your foot position.
Likely youll be lead/following for a few sessions before they turn you loose. The only thing you will gain is experience on which to build your closed course skill set.

·
Registered
90 Posts
don't focus on going down focus on having fun and riding within your limits. The only sliders i'd recommend are Graves sliders since they're very low profile, typically on a track bike, clipons and rearsets provide enough slide protection

1 - 3 of 3 Posts