Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
My R6 eats GSXRs
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys I'm looking at getting some crash protection for my 08 r6. I'm not sure which I want to go with sliders, crash cage, or pro rails...

As far as sliders i know that when i had my other bikes no cut sucked...is this the same for the r6? i'm looking at shogun, and some that are on the yamaha website i think there gytr or graves.

Has anyone tried the freestyle ingenuity crash cage on the r6? How was the fitment? I had it on my CBR..and the fitment was not as good as it should have been but protected it nicely.

And last has anyone tried the B2 Industries or Militantmoto prorails? Are these no cut and do they get in the way of your legs at all? the rails look really close to where your shins would be.

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
are you looking for slow speed stunt crash protection or protection when going down at speed? If you're looking for protection while at speed then sliders are the only way as they absorb energy. metal (cages/rails) will transfer energy to the frame or mounting points which is okay if it's slow speed, but bad to have if you go down with some speed.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts

·
My R6 eats GSXRs
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess i am more concerned with low speed and my bike being kicked over...does anyone have experience with any pro rails?

·
Naarden Sportbike Store
257 Posts
hey guys I'm looking at getting some crash protection for my 08 r6. I'm not sure which I want to go with sliders, crash cage, or pro rails...

As far as sliders i know that when i had my other bikes no cut sucked...is this the same for the r6? i'm looking at shogun, and some that are on the yamaha website i think there gytr or graves.

Has anyone tried the freestyle ingenuity crash cage on the r6? How was the fitment? I had it on my CBR..and the fitment was not as good as it should have been but protected it nicely.

And last has anyone tried the B2 Industries or Militantmoto prorails? Are these no cut and do they get in the way of your legs at all? the rails look really close to where your shins would be.
Sliders are good for people who dont plan on going down more then once, Ive seen a lot of them do really good at protecting the frame but not much else, some nocut ones ive also seen fold up like a taco and gauge the frame. If you get any make sure they are some kind of impact absorbing plastic. I have graves on my R1 and they are really nice and i like them

Freestyle cages are known to take the bike out form under you, if you plan on doing any kind of twisty riding dont even consider this

B2 industries are always sold out or have supplying problems

Ive always used/recommended a company called sick innovations for full cages and race railz.

·
My R6 eats GSXRs
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am thinking I may just get some of the sliders off the yamaha website...they sell no name ones and graves....are graves no cut?

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Depends on what type of riding you plan to do. Stunt? Track? Street?

If it's stunt then go with a cage or race rails, heard that if you go down with racerails on then it'll cause the bike to flip. Cage might have some clearance problems going over some stuff.

Track: Sliders

Street, sliders or cage.

If you go sliders and want them to work then get cut ones. Cut Frame Sliders are stronger since they bolt right on to the frame and not an off bracket that could snap.

Also get some good quality frame sliders as Jtolles recently went down with no name sliders that were on his bike when he bought it. Slider didn't even stay on so they were useless.

Personally I went with T-Rex Racing Spools, Sliders, and Clutch/Brake Sliders. I plan on adding axle sliders and front fork sliders when I get the money.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have B2 pro rails and dont have any real complaints..only annoying this is you need to take them off or half way disassemble them to to work to the bike ie oil change, exhaust etc. My shins dont hit them either but im only 5'7". I have also crash tested them at ~20mph (along with swingarm spools) and not the slightest scratch anywhere on the bike. If you do get sliders only do as others have said get quality or else they will cause my damage/headache in a crash.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i have the prorails on my 08 . i have dropped the bike once putting it on rear stand and it made it without as much as a nick.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
I have shogun rail sliders....I like them alot, until I saw my buddies R1 with a cage on it. Looked SOOOO sick. At the top most point of the cage where a rail slider would normally go, he has some kind of impact piece on it that absorbs impact. It's kinda bounce and can push in and out a bit.

However, based on what other people in this string are saying....if you're looking to ride and hit twisties you may wanna go with sliders. I'd be pissed if I had a cage and it caused my bike to flip.

Good luck and post up when you get'em!

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
i have some powers race railz friend was learning on it pretty much slammed her to the ground only small nick and thats because it was uneven ground. shes been tip over definitely nothing happened but if i track i think ill go sliders just because i dont want her doing some crazy aerobics lol although the do sell the rubber end instead of metal so idk if that would help

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
356 Posts
i had powers race railz and they broke at the weld. Never even dropped the bike. They broke from the vibration. Pieces of crap.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Myself and three other of my friends use the racing905 race rails. Two of my friends have been down multiple times on the same rails and they held up great! A lot of people don't like racing905 for whatever reason but from my experience and my friends, they do their job. :fact

1 - 20 of 32 Posts