Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for some basic, plain, black sliders to put on my bike. And opinions.

I don't care about anything fancy, or too much in regards to how they look (black is preferred). I just want to add some extra protection to my bike without paying the cost of aesthetics. I plan to track in the future.

Hopefully this is the right forum... Does anyone have some suggestions?

Maybe some links to some sliders? Also, what positions are best for sliders? I've seen some R6's here that have some sliders in places I didn't know you could put them! (Although those may have been for stunts)

Thanks for helping a newb.

PS: My bike is an '07 R6 (r) and I prefer no-cut

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Cuts are the best bet if you plan on going down. It's stronger than no cuts because it bolts directly on to the engine bolt instead of an off bracket that could snap.

Another option is "Race Rails" not sure what else their called.

·
Premium Member
20,432 Posts
shogun makes great quality sliders at a great price. We haven't seen any that offer a better value yet.

Woodcrafts are also very good, but many of theirs are cut models only.
+1
Have their no cut's on my 07. Simple black but looks great

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll consider cut sliders when I get race fairings, or for my beat up fairings after I buy new ones. But good to know, I didn't think there was a different in effect on impact, although that does make sense.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Woodcraft for the win. It's easy to cut your fairings and still looks good when they're cut. The bracket for the no cut sliders are very vulnerable to breaking as opposed to bolting directly where the exisitng engine bolts are

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I have a set of cheap T-Rex's. I don't plan on them doing anything if I go down, but that's what insurance is for. I got them mainly for when I lose my footing or just do something stupid and drop it on its side. Yes, it has happened and I'm not proud of it, but a gravel driveway sucks when its still new (easy to lose footing).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.