Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the TST kit with frame sliders, rear spools/sliders, front sliders, and bar end sliders for like $150. Good stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve used both Woodcraft and Graves. I have lowsided with both, the type that stick out (woodcraft/r&g) to protect the body work put a lot of stress on the frame/engine mounts during crash. The Graves sliders protect the frame and spread impact across a wider surface.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For the frame sliders on the exhaust side, was always curious how much it'll protect your exhaust as the exhaust tends to stick out slightly?

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Not sure what kinda mixed reviews youre hearing haha. They're great. Ive got no cuts on mine and will have sliders on every bike I own.

·
It's only $$$...
18 Posts
I’ve used both Woodcraft and Graves. I have lowsided with both, the type that stick out (woodcraft/r&g) to protect the body work put a lot of stress on the frame/engine mounts during crash. The Graves sliders protect the frame and spread impact across a wider surface.
Just as above... I've used both, and have seen them all. The only two brands worth anything are WC and Graves. Currently, I'm running Graves. They are pricey, but are the best.

Unfortunately, people have a huge misconception over what they do. At best, they are meant to make the bike repairable... Not keep it scratch-less and shiny.

I am currently helping a friend re-frame an R6 due to a highside at NCBIKE. One of the "no cuts", acted like a fulcrum and split the arm off the frame.

·
Zip ties and Duct tape
183 Posts
I got a pair of lightec Sliders. Like others have said, if your ideal hope is to protect the bike during a low-side, sliders that stick out (shogun) usually will do more harm than good due to the stress on the engine mounts and the frame. My sliders have a lower profile and are really only there to protect the bike in case of a small driveway/parking lot tip over.

The ones the stick out further are better if your looking for stunt protection and possible low speed tip overs.

the ones that are more flush to the fairings like the graves sliders are designed for high speed crashes where the bike will slide across the pavement for quite a distance. the downside with these, is you generally have to cut into your fairings to get them to fit properly.

I like what i have, but if i was to get into a high speed low sided crash, the sliders i have on right now would not do much good. I only have them there to protect the bike in case some clown decides to try and get on my bike in the parking lot and ends up tipping it. Seen it happen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Believe it or not, I found some cheaper ebay ones that did quite well when I had a lowside last year. Granted the bolt caught high end of a curb (bend it) and broke housing bolt on my clutch cover (was repairable) but i think it would have happened even with higher cost brand too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts