Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend has finally given me the ok to spend some money on my new R6. I figure I better get some sliders before my bike gets tipped over. I am pretty much between the graves sliders or the ones from motovation. My question is, which ones should I go with. The ones from motovation look stronger, but I know I had all metal ones on my last r6 and when it went down the bike flipped because the sliders didn't have any give. Any other ones I should consider? I want to get no cut sliders because I don't want to cut my body work.

Thanks guys

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
the search link is your friend, use it

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
So my girlfriend has finally given me the ok to spend some money on my new R6. I figure I better get some sliders before my bike gets tipped over. I am pretty much between the graves sliders or the ones from motovation. My question is, which ones should I go with. The ones from motovation look stronger, but I know I had all metal ones on my last r6 and when it went down the bike flipped because the sliders didn't have any give. Any other ones I should consider? I want to get no cut sliders because I don't want to cut my body work.

Thanks guys
do u mean girlfriends or sliders? :hehe

j/k, i swear by the woodcrafts but they're cut style only. however, they're track crash tested and still goin stong w/ new pucks :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I went with woodcrafts myself just ordered them....All the track stars swear by it so I would trust there opinion....they see more crashes then any one...

FYI both of my local bike shops told me to stay away from shogun sliders. All the lowsides with shogun all of the plastic melted off.

·
track days are fun
2 Posts
Woodcraft! It's better to cut a little half moon in your plastic than to replace fairings AND have scratches on the frame and case cover becase your "no cuts" broke off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, no joint accounts or anything like that. My friend was seriously injured in a crash a couple of months ago, and she still hasn't gotten over it. So she doesn't want me to have the bike, let alone spend more money on it... Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I appreciate it

·
Registered
330 Posts
+10 on woodcraft.

I went with no-cuts at first, but they sucked and one of the pucks completely came off the bracket one day-hadn't been dropped or anything, just fell off on day. Bought woodcraft, cut the fairings myself, and installed-took maybe 2-3 hours.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I haven't cut them myslef but I have installed sidemarkers on a car, which is cutting through metal, same concept. mark a radious of where it needs to be cut, adn if you have a dremel (which I highly recommend) you can go straight in the center of your circle like a drill, then just slowly widen the circle, randomly checking to see if the slider fit's through, just be sure to go really slow when getting near the end. It's easy to make the circle bigger, but you can't make it smaller.

·
Do work son!
365 Posts
I haven't cut them myslef but I have installed sidemarkers on a car, which is cutting through metal, same concept. mark a radious of where it needs to be cut, adn if you have a dremel (which I highly recommend) you can go straight in the center of your circle like a drill, then just slowly widen the circle, randomly checking to see if the slider fit's through, just be sure to go really slow when getting near the end. It's easy to make the circle bigger, but you can't make it smaller.
CRSX crew! :toocool:

I need to get me a dremel, then.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
actually, with the S model, it's usually better to use the putty/holesaw method. however, with the reg R6, just slowly widen the crescent that u need to cut out. everyone has a slightly different method but they all usually work

·
Registered
73 Posts
actually, with the S model, it's usually better to use the putty/holesaw method. however, with the reg R6, just slowly widen the crescent that u need to cut out. everyone has a slightly different method but they all usually work
Putty/wholesaw??

I don't follow, I've never heard of that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts