Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
STUGOTS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry if this topic has been discussed before but, I've searched everywhere and can't find out what I need to know.*
I have a 2013 r6 and am not to handy when it comes to installing my slip on.*
It's a GYTR slip on. Could someone please explain how to install it? Do I have to weld it? It comes with a clamp so I assume that I won't have to weld it on.
If someone could help explain step by step, I would be very appreciative. All the help you experts would be great.*
Thank you everyone.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
1st.

·
Registered
287 Posts
kneel beside bike
look at stock pipe.
find bolts likely to retain stock pipe.
remove bolts.
Remove stock pipe.
Put stock pipe on. tighten clamp.
install bracket.
enjoy.

There is no welding when installing a slipon. simple hand tools required, and a half hours time.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
If you didn't take the stock slip on off yet, just use an Alan to take off the cover then the clamp on the stock slip on. Unbolt it from the frame which is above the slip on. Remove the wires for the exup. Google it how to do that. Just pull them and unhook them.
If you did take the slip on off, then you're in good shape. Just put the new slip on on, put the clamp over the pipe from the cat box, and onto the slip on. Tighten the Alan screws in the clamp. Bolt the slip on onto the frame.
Next step is to figure out how to remove the exup now! You can either get your ECU flashed and have it disabled so you can take the whole unit out. Or get an exup eliminator which is like $70. You can open it yourself and wire resistors on it and take the exup motor out and get rid of the wires and stuff. Or just hide the wires up in your bike. You will get an error code when the exup is not plugged in. Not might not show up 24/7 but it will pop up. An exup eliminator is a nice clean way if you're not that good at wiring and aren't ready for an ECU flash yet.
Hope this helped forreal this time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
What #79 said is good. Same stuff I said just less explanation. No welding necessary. Maybe if you get a midpipe you can weld it instead of clamping. Which is what I did. But no need to. Midpipe is different than a slip on. Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts