Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just bought my R6.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in a different thread but it was probably the wrong thread so thought I may have better luck if I started a dedicated thread.

I (somewhat) recently picked up an old (2004) R6 and the previous guy had dropped it on an already hack job muffler he had on it... so it looks terrible..

Looking at cheap ways to remedy and came across one guy who seems to be selling a similar bike to mine but with a stock slip-on from the '06-'15 generation.

Is anyone able to provide insight into if this would work and if any modifications would be needed? Seems like it would be a good option as it looked decent and should be pretty cheap if it works?

Thank you in advance! :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
There are universal Akrapovic knockoffs on Ebay for $34 or less shipped. I would go with one of those. THey come with the db killer baffle

·
Just bought my R6.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you mean the oem shorty can? I had it on mine and it sounded amazing.
it requires a little retrofitting, mainly making a tab on the rear set to make it fit then cutting off the OEM titanium butterfly up against the flange then slightly notching the oem header pipe. install a nice clamp and wallah.
https://imgur.com/qZc9XkX

if you need help feel free to ask, I have a bunch of pictures

https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/yzf-r6/348859-r6-03-07-exhaust-conversion-completed.html
Thanks man! I'd love any further pictures you'd be willing to share! Not super experienced in metal working but willing to give it a try if it's as good as you say it is! :)

·
Just bought my R6.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are universal Akrapovic knockoffs on Ebay for $34 or less shipped. I would go with one of those. THey come with the db killer baffle
Thanks for the suggestion... It's another option I was somewhat considering but I just don't like the look of most of the exhausts for the 2nd gen since they have to mount so high. :/

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks man! I'd love any further pictures you'd be willing to share! Not super experienced in metal working but willing to give it a try if it's as good as you say it is! :)
did the website I linked load for you? it has a breakdown of it.

make sure you get the correct year I believe its 06-07 is the shortie the 08+ is the same style but much longer and it will look retarded. ill work on getting you the pictures.

·
Just bought my R6.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did the website I linked load for you? it has a breakdown of it.

make sure you get the correct year I believe its 06-07 is the shortie the 08+ is the same style but much longer and it will look retarded. ill work on getting you the pictures.
I saw one picture of your bike, but the link to sportbikes.net is not working... in fact, nothing at that address seems to be?

·
Just bought my R6.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
191 Posts
I found mine on ebay, you can find them anywhere from 20-60$ I ended up using a semi gloss/satin rust-oleum paint on it just masked off the inner pipe and that was it.

·
Just bought my R6.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2013-YAMAHA-R6-EXHAUST-13SR-TITANIUM-OEM-MUFFLER/113519299544?hash=item1a6e470bd8:g:iscAAOSw9~RcLlaU

yeah maybe or look for a junkyard or something. they are out there. ebay has a bunch just depends what you want to spend for quality. some are dinged up and some arnt.
Hmm... tried listening to the sound clip in the thread you posted but it didn't want to seem to load in photobucket. Do you need a photobucket account for it to work?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts