Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
xHEAVENS WEAPONx
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 r6 and i just bought a two brothers racing slip-on pipe. i need some instruction on installing it, i know it is alot more complex than how it used to be when it was, unbolt, take off, put on, rebolt. especially with the butterfly valve that the new R6's have

·
xHEAVENS WEAPONx
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man

p.s. anyone that wants to make their stock exhaust louder on an '06 to '08 R6, just take off the noise reduction valves. the stock exhaust already sounds pretty good until you start riding. there is a valve inside the pipe that closes as the throttle opens, letting less air through the can, thereby reducing the volume. just take of the cables that cause the valve to close and there you go, your stock pipe is way louder. only takes about half an hour to do it. if you want full instructions with pictures let me know and i will post them

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
thanks man

p.s. anyone that wants to make their stock exhaust louder on an '06 to '08 R6, just take off the noise reduction valves. the stock exhaust already sounds pretty good until you start riding. there is a valve inside the pipe that closes as the throttle opens, letting less air through the can, thereby reducing the volume. just take of the cables that cause the valve to close and there you go, your stock pipe is way louder. only takes about half an hour to do it. if you want full instructions with pictures let me know and i will post them
i wouldnt do that, the EXUP is there for a reason and that is to make the stock exhaust run to its full potential. The EXUP is what provides the bottom end that everyone complains about.

·
xHEAVENS WEAPONx
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but when you put on a new pipe, it gets rid of that valve anyways, so it is basically the same thing, so if you don't have the money for a new pipe, might as well mod the stock one

·
Registered
135 Posts
but when you put on a new pipe, it gets rid of that valve anyways, so it is basically the same thing, so if you don't have the money for a new pipe, might as well mod the stock one
Would be better to just ride without the muffler then..

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Right, BUT you will also see most slip on for the 06/07 actually lost power due to removing the EXUP. If you are keeping the stock can, might as well leave it to its full potential if you are solely going for a LITTLE increase in sound. Just my .02 dont want to sound like i am telling you what to do, just want to give you the pros and cons.

·
xHEAVENS WEAPONx
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't take it like that all, i appriciate it. i don't know alot about bikes and their mechanics, so i'll take anything anyone has to tell. thanks man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts