Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that full exhaust dont have as much back pressure and you lose bottom end opposed to just a slip on and you gain bottom end and lose top end. I would really like to get a full Yoshi exhaust but I dont want to lose any bottom end. Any suggestions??? Thanks guys.

Dallas

·
Registered
347 Posts
if you want power and sound, go for the whole system, if you just want sound, go for the slip-on, either way you will need a power commander for your new pipe, and you will gain lower end with it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you do a search on this forum you will find this has been discussed at length - a full race system will move the power band up so yes, not as much mid range as a race slip on but a bit more top end. The Slip on will give more mid range but only a little increase at top

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Wolf said:
If you do a search on this forum you will find this has been discussed at length - a full race system will move the power band up so yes, not as much mid range as a race slip on but a bit more top end. The Slip on will give more mid range but only a little increase at top
:werd What he said.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
drhodes said:
:werd What he said.
Ya, I like listening to the resident exhaust designer/engineer too!

Mr. Sorrell has addressed this and many other exhaust related issues at great length and great detail in the exhaust section. Poke around in there and you will find extensive answers to just about every exhaust related question (it will take some reading though so grab some coffee and have at it!).

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you are a street rider S/O is ok, but if you are going or planning to go to track, get full system :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts