Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the most hp out of an exhaust for my 03' R6. Which setup is giving the most hp? And I don't want it to be too loud or obnoxious. My friend has an 02' R6 with a D&D and that is too much. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have the same need.

I am looking at the same thing you're looking for.
Apparently Yoshimura's have a good sound without being TOO loud.
Akraprovics, I have been told are a bit softer.
And a proud D and D owner just posted that he can't hear anybody else's pipe while he's on the street.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Id go with the Leo Vinci or Micron Full system. Good Price great sound and Good power!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I think I am going to go with the full Micron Exhaust. But, I am still checking others out like the Akraprovics full system.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Go with the Akrapovic. Best look, best sound, best power add--also...most expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally I like the Micron Serpent system, but if you want an idea how some of the exhasuts sound there is a post on this forum that has about 25 different exhausts and a stock exhaust sound clip so you can hear the differences.

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
I like Yoshi but my buddy has a micron Full system too there both nice and reasonably priced unlike some other competitors

Roberts

·
Registered
900 Posts
z31maniac said:
You guys do realize this thread is from 2003 right?
lol, actually I DIDNT but does that matter really? they still sell slip ons AND full systems correct? Im confused at what your point is

·
Registered
42 Posts
BuLLiT said:
I am looking at the same thing you're looking for.
Apparently Yoshimura's have a good sound without being TOO loud.
Akraprovics, I have been told are a bit softer.
And a proud D and D owner just posted that he can't hear anybody else's pipe while he's on the street.

I'd second that Yosh and D&D review! Had a Yosh... It will howl. But only if you really hammer it!

·
Registered
416 Posts
IMO get a slip if its a mostly street bike, now if you are looking for the most HP and you are riding track then full.

GRAVES!!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Akra >>>>>>> *

Slip-on unless you are racing. The extra 1k you'll spend for a full system would be better spent on suspension. You'll be faster from a better suspension then you will from 3-5 more HP.

Not to mention if your gonna do the full exhaust, you might as well do a filter, then your gonna need a PCIII and if your going for maximum performance then you need a custom map.

Air filter - $50
Akra Evo - $1500
PCIII - $260
Custom map - $200+

So at least 2k.

For that I'd rather have the stock exhaust and Ohlins fork inserts and an Ohlins triple clicker shock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts