Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up a few things for my bike to install today in the nice weather then go play with them on a ride for a while.... so i installed an Akrapovic Megaphone exhaust i picked up for 100 bucks, after everything else was installed i went for a ride, and never have i been able to snap the gas to get the front up, i ALWAYS keep it on the ground. so i go to get on the highway, and go to crank it up the onramp to hear the exhaust, and next thing i know im watching the front end come up ..... :eek5 :nocontrol :flex: i got the slip on for a new look and better sound, that was all.... did i really get that much more preformance with it too ?

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah. iv seen some slip ons with a really really good tune add somwhere between 7-9 horsepower

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think you'd be EXTREMELY lucky to pull more than 5hp with a slip on with a tune, especially on the new R6. That little megaphone thing is pretty much just a tip.

I gained just under 3hp with my slipon on the 2003, maybe another 2-3 with a tune..maybe. A tune is best for smoothing the curve out, rather than peak gains (which is the desired advantage.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
No, i had that slip on and i felt like i lost power removing the exup cable... Wait until the day you get full exhaust, thats when you notice the power!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i reallly didn't expect it to either, but im telling u i have been cracking it up that onramp with full gas for all of last year, and i never ever had the front end come up, and then all of a sudden, POP it goes

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
thats gotta be the best megaphone alive! lol

Not sure man, i wish mine would have done that i guess!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did u keep that back end baffle in or did u take it out? i took it out immediately, maybe that allows better flow?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts