Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been doing sme research on AIS system and block/smog off plates. From what ive learnt your basically taking out AIS system and blocking off the pipes going in to the Air box and header (with the use of Block off plates). My question is.. Can we not leave the AIS on, and just block off the pipe going in to AIS from the Air box? That way no air will be going in to the headers. Anyone with some advice?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
From what I've understood

The block off's serve 2 purposes
1. More accurate fuel/air ratio for tuning (due to no outside air being injected into the exhaust)
2. Weight savings from the removal of pump and accessories.

So in theory you could block off your smog holes and keep the pump if you desired, but that would only yield 1 of the 2 benefits...I'd take weight loss over a better a/f ratio any day

Just my $0.02 brotha

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers buddy. Im getting my bike Dyno'd on Friday so I need to get it done before then.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
W00t! Well when you do it think you can take some pics man? I'd love to see how it all goes on/off. I'm gonna do it to my bike when i finish my deployment :nocontrol

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
:werd Thanks bro

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought my Graves Smogs today and just fitted them. Was quite easy. Engine noise is increased a little. Bike is now ready for my Dyno Run on Friday... Hehe.

·
Sexy Time
757 Posts
How much weight would you really save from taking the pump out? Also how much louder is the engine noise?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
:eek5 YOU DIDNT TAKE PICS!?......

...:nono....

:lmao congrats dude, if you can post up pics of your charts afterwards DU IT! :D

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much weight would you really save from taking the pump out? Also how much louder is the engine noise?
Seriouslly the weight saving side of things is pointless, you can pick up the pump with 1 finger. Its really more for accurate dynoing. Engine noise wise is very minimal.. nothing to worry about. Its really easy. I had to do mine 2ce cause i put the plates the wrong way round...lol I heard the exaust blowing... make sre you get them the right way round.

·
Sexy Time
757 Posts
haha, thats some funny ish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts