Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
fast like nascar
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm just about finished on installing a 520 conversion. and let me tell you its been a pain in the ass! From stupid mistakes, to not having the correct tools (no 30mm for my front sprocket) and some other issues. first i took the back wheel off, and then figured out why every one said take the front sprocket off first! :dunce:

Then when i go to put the back wheel back on just so i can take off the front sprocket I find out someone pressed my rear brake while it was off.:nono

But now it is pretty much done, except for one part. Im trying to decice how many links to pop off the new chain. or how many to keep on. for those that have done a -1/+2 conversion how many links did you end up having on the chain? Thanks.
Also thanks to Corey at moto mummy!:werd

heres where im at now....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I only took off 3 links and pushed my back tire back about 1 inch or so. if you do this make SURE you line up both sides correctly otherwise your rear tire will we un balanced and that can make for a nasty spill! good luck!

·
Hhmmm R6
195 Posts
Hey mate,
I feel for you, its not the easiest mod to do, but once you do one, you virtually become a master at chain conversions.

In relation to this
But now it is pretty much done, except for one part. Im trying to decice how many links to pop off the new chain. or how many to keep on. for those that have done a -1/+2 conversion how many links did you end up having on the chain?
What I did was set my rear wheel almost as far in as possible and then took off the most amount of links that would give me a good 25mm of slack in the chain. I thne did a final adjustment of the wheel position once I cut and riveted the chain in place. This way, when the chain wears and stretches, you can move your wheel back to take up the slack. Enjoy.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,110 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.