Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The build date was 3/99 so I assumed that it was a 99. Then I brought it into Mach 1 in Costa Mesa and they weren't really sure what it was. They checked the VIN and someone said that the 10th digit signifies the year. So it ended in 0....this makes it a 2000. They also said that there was no champion edition R6 (like mine) in 99? Is this true?

One more offtopic question...how do you adjust the headlight level on my bike?! I have looked over and over and do not see any adjustments. I have heard that there is a phillips screw that you can adjust but I don't see anything!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Champions Edition R6 was only released in 2001. As far as I know with cars (most likely the same with bikes), the eleventh digit (or letter) from the left signifies model year. It may have been wrecked and replaced with Champions fairings (I have a 2000 and did this to my front end when it was dropped). Don't know about the headlights.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EdmontonR6 said:
The Champions Edition R6 was only released in 2001. As far as I know with cars (most likely the same with bikes), the eleventh digit (or letter) from the left signifies model year. It may have been wrecked and replaced with Champions fairings (I have a 2000 and did this to my front end when it was dropped). Don't know about the headlights.
I've heard so many things that I don't even know what to believe anymore.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EdmontonR6 said:
I've heard so many things that I don't even know what to believe anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts