Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was doing a little riding down the interstate and had a dude cut me off and damn near brake check me. i was doing about 70mph faster than he was from gas to brake. this is the first time i really had to use my brakes. and they worked perfectly. watch out for assholes even though i was the one hauling ass. cagers dont care. their safe.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
yea i had this happen once. I was in the fast lane and had a nice stretch so i got on it. A guy got onto the highway and went all the way across 3 lanes of traffic and cut me off.

I had some experience with the cagers to. Some people just don't care if you on a bike or not. Had one literally 2 feet from my rear tire on the highway and another following me about 5 feet around town. I gave the one around town a good brake check and he backed off for a little while. He drove by me all pissed off in the next lane.

Some people will never learn

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
i've never had it happen, you should always imagine that every douche bag out there is gonna pull out in front of you or cut you off. always know where people are in relation to you, AKA situational awareness

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
yea i think about that all the time. Especially going through intersections with right on red.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
When you have such a high closing speed on the cars they generally can't see you when there is traffic and even if it is an open road it is impossible to judge your 70mph difference in speed in the cars mirrors when you are so far back.

If you slow it down when in traffic the problem will solve itself you won't end up implanted in the back of someones car or having to slam on brakes and getting cut off does not happen nearly as much.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
so i was doing a little riding down the interstate and had a dude cut me off and damn near brake check me. i was doing about 70mph faster than he was from gas to brake. this is the first time i really had to use my brakes. and they worked perfectly. watch out for assholes even though i was the one hauling ass. cagers dont care. their safe.
I10?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Um... that dude isn't the asshole, you are. Take it to the track so you don't create a worse reputation for all the responsible riders out there.

Also, most cagers do care. There are only a few that are real jerks that give the rest of the others a bad name, just like you are doing for motorcyclists.

·
Registered
803 Posts
IMO, don't speed on the highway when you are going to be passing cars, 1 mis calculation on there part can cause you to lock your front wheel up and have a pretty bad experience with some asphalt.

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Um... that dude isn't the asshole, you are. Take it to the track so you don't create a worse reputation for all the responsible riders out there.

Also, most cagers do care. There are only a few that are real jerks that give the rest of the others a bad name, just like you are doing for motorcyclists.
+1 ^ i agree maybe you shouldnt drive so aggressive around traffic

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
I-10 is the best, One REALLY long straight road, and virtually no cops (or cars half the time I've been on it) i hit 161 on there. 90 is between miltion and p'cola is awesome too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts