Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 R6S, I bought it in august 09 with 4200mi on it and have over 20,000 on it now. I have always liked the 03-05 style and had 04 before this one. The only thing I have never liked is the puny forks on these models. So I found a set of black 07 forks, 07 candy red fender, 05 trees and clipons, and updated brake system. I also bought a Metzler M5 120/70 front tire to match the rear. It only took me a couple hours to do the swap. Now I love the way the bike looks and maybe its just in my head but it feels more stable on the street. I cant really think of anything else to do to it, so maybe I might be done Let me know what you guys think.

sorry about the crappy phone pic

I need to take some newer pics but its just so cold outside

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
bastard ive been looking for black forks, wanna trade:poke since gold ones are better:sing just feel like doing something good for a member lol and your forks are 2006 not 07, 07s got nothing but gold :thumbdown sick tho let me know if you wanna trade or if you know anyone who does :toocool:

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
how are the m5's? Bought a set, will be putting them on in the spring

I love my black forks (came on the bike stock)

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how are the m5's? Bought a set, will be putting them on in the spring
I went from the M3's to the M5's, I noticed a better turn in but that could be from the taller front tire over the 120/60. Grip is really good but i haven't had a chance to really lay into them yet. Metzlers have always been the best tire in my book.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
I went from the M3's to the M5's, I noticed a better turn in but that could be from the taller front tire over the 120/60. Grip is really good but i haven't had a chance to really lay into them yet. Metzlers have always been the best tire in my book.
Cool man, I'm going from stock tires, so I'm pretty excited, haha

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
look really nice...im thinking about doing the same thing to mine

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how much did the ride height in the front change? did you have to raise/lower the rear to match?

I just let enough of the fork slide through till the bottom fairing was parallel to the ground, there's a good amount sticking through but i had alot with the old forks, here's some new pics

older pic, I have a M5 rear tire now

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just let enough of the fork slide through till the bottom fairing was parallel to the ground, there's a good amount sticking through but i had alot with the old forks, here's some new pics

older pic, I have a M5 rear tire now
Where did you get those carbon fiber chain guards and stuff? Looks hot!

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The upper and lower chain guards are both GYTR and the fender is Black Stone tech (same people that make the carbon wheels). The GYTR stuff is almost impossible to find nowadays but I found everything off ebay. I found out how important the lower gaurd is when someone rear ended my last bike and the sprocket sucked my pants in and got a nice little scar up my leg. That was one of the first things I got for this bike. Here is some pics of my last one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts