Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the story...last night around 3am I was bored so i decided to post my bike on craigslist just to see if I could get what I wanted for it or trade me for an r1 or 1000rr honda..I put it for 7500.00 (06 50th w/4800 miles)

Well four people call me.

1) wants to trade his 07 cherry red r6 w/pc and m4 full exhaust he has 8k miles
but he couldnt meet me until next week..

2) has a 04 cbr 1000rr everything done do it....
I told him no thanks because i didn't want anything older than a 05

3)07 R1 charchoal, completly stock...he wanted my bike plus 2k.....
I told him I didnt want to spend no more than 1k plus my bike so he was like no.

4)05 Kawaski zx-10r Full customized Full taylor made race exhaust, pc, airbrushed with a egyptian theme, vortex clips, vortex rearsets, xenons, integrated blinkers..everything you could put on it...the guy told me it was in several magazines and won some awards...so I decided heck why not lets meet up

So we meet up (he lives 7 hours away) so he drove 4 and i drove 3 hours to meet in the middle and i took my good friend with me who works at the Kawasaki shop to tell me if anything was wrong with the bike...

the bike was in perfect condition except for one thing....He said it looks like someone has been doing hardcore wheelies on the bike and they forks are leaking something, i dunno it was all black around the forks...He said its a simple fix like a 6 dollar piece and hell compress the forks back for me for free.. and the rear integrated blinkers didnt work, but my friend on the spot opened the bike up and replaced some fuses and viola it worked..... So i went ahead and traded the bike ...Im gonna sell it and get a r1 raven becuase that is what my heart is set on...I just figured that I could make more money selling this thing then i could my r6...tell me what you guys think....Some people love it some people hate it..just depends if its your cup of tea..but all i know is this thing is crazyyy fast compared to the r6

(this is what I had)

(this is what I traded for)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i did the same thing traded my 99 oldsmobile alero for an 04 dodge durango

i was like wtf?? so i went from a 4000$ car to an 11000$ nice ass suv
lady was tired of paying so much to fill up only bad thing is the carpet is stained real bad i'm gonna have to tear the carpet out and power wash it and hope it comes out

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
hope you get an R1...not a big fan of the paint scheme but the trade could benefit you!

·
Registered
320 Posts
cool bike, ugly paint job. paint that shit raven.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i would love to have an R1. i was thinking about seeing if i could get anyone to trade me for a liter bike or a newer R6 raven, since i have like 4000 miles and lots of mods, so there might be someone out there interested. i diden't think trading was very comman, but maybe i'll check it out too.

i love yamaha, and my R6. but hey, whatever works for you. wouldn't be my choice of paint. i hear the zx-10r are pretty nice. although i've never rode one.

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
Its a really good paint job but its not my taste. Im sure you can get a little more out of that if you find the right buyer. Good luck on getting your r1

·
Registered
458 Posts
aren't those pics taken off ebay

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
I also hope it is a joke, you are going to have a hell of a time selling that to buy an r1... people dont buy custom bikes, especially and egyptian theme... kinda weird.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol no, he was a white guy that traded me..He bought it off eBay 3 months ago for 11k from a customization shop out of California. Like I said its not everyones cup of tea, the airbrush work on it is bad ass and very detailed, the whole reason i traded is because it is worth more and i figured if i can get more money out of it than my r6 buy my raven r1 and keep some moolah..why not! or i could always put it in some shows and win some money..you may not like it, but you have to admit it is one of a kind....And yes, I'm half Egyptian, half Palestinian.

·
Registered
83 Posts
lol no, he was a white guy that traded me..He bought it off eBay 3 months ago for 11k from a customization shop out of California. Like I said its not everyones cup of tea, the airbrush work on it is bad ass and very detailed, the whole reason i traded is because it is worth more and i figured if i can get more money out of it than my r6 buy my raven r1 and keep some moolah..why not! or i could always put it in some shows and win some money..you may not like it, but you have to admit it is one of a kind....And yes, I'm half Egyptian, half Palestinian.
Hey... You're half way there... So the bike is good for you! Like you said, not some peoples cup of tea. That said, it's a bad a$$ bike man. I ride an R6 and my brother rides a custom 2006 ZX-10r. Nice bikes.

In all, if you had someone check it out and know what you're getting... you got the better deal. Heck, even if you decide to keep it, you can strip the plastics and paint it how you like and still come out ahead.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts