Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down on Saturday in the apex of a right handed twisty. Hit some gravel from a driveway and lost the back tire at 50-60 mph. Im trying to fix the bike with parts from other members on here to keep the cost down so If you have any parts for an 11 R 6 please hit me up. Im in need of fairings, gas tank, mirror, headlight assembly, tail plastics and right sided rear set, and anything else hidden under there I might need to replace that i dont know about until i take her apart.

Also any advice on repairing the bike is welcome - never had to put one back together before after a crash.

Attachments

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
That doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The giant hole in the fuel tank and the damaged headlight assembly/ plastics is the biggest issue. I had to ride 15 miles to the closest store with duck tape with my left thumb in the hole to prevent gas from spraying out onto my rashed up leg.

Attachments

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Trying to impress them college gals, huh? Which road did ya bite it on? I've got some miles logged on those roads in the area. And by "some", I mean about 15,000 worth. :lmao

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is the best place for replacement plastics? Ive heard good and bad things about replacement fairings so I dont want to sink $$ into crappy replacement parts but certainly dont want to pay dealer cost for this stuff either. Im besically looking for advice on how to fix this... Im thinking I would i get raped if i took it to a dealer to get fixed ..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tank looks to be the biggest piece. As long as the frame is good it shouldnt be too bad of a repair.

If you go oem plastic it could cost you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trying to impress them college gals, huh? Which road did ya bite it on? I've got some miles logged on those roads in the area. And by "some", I mean about 15,000 worth. :lmao
Rt 50 just outside of cool springs - on the other side of Grafton

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Nice road! You need to hit up Rt 250 in Hundred if you haven't already. Just don't pass the sheriff when he's off duty in his POV. On a double yellow. Oops...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just went through damn near the exact same thing on my bike, except I didn't puncture my tank.

I went with Auctmarts fairings. They took a little bit of finesse to get in, but for ~550, no complaints from me. Worst part is all the dampers/foam that you have to pay for. Least they give ya heat shield.

Keep an eye on the parts for sale section, you'll likely find any other bits you need in there. DO NOT buy the chinese headlights off ebay, try and find used OEM ones. There's a reason they sell em on there for $50.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts