Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay ... my problem is I have a stock exhaust on my bike right now, I am looking to upgrade. The only problem is there are tons out there and I went on youtube I cant make up my mind. some of the ones I like are the hotbodies under-tail exhaust, and the levelone Racing ..... so confused one what I want:screwy

and yeah its a 2005 R6

·
Got street appeal?
1,656 Posts
If you like your trunk space I wouldn't go with the hot bodies undertail... I'm not a fan of those because it runs inside the fairing heating up the battery tray and the whole subframe. I would run anything brand name such as Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Graves etc

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
whatever you get, make sure its a high mount, they look so nice and clean, really goes with the lines of the bike.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts

Theres mine...Olson Performance....i love it and it sounds great

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I really like the LOR, been with it since Spring, and sounds amazing getting on the interstate.

·
My R6 eats you.
37 Posts
I had the same problem man, got my bike, HATED the stock scuba tank and wanted to upgrade to something short..started lookin around on youtube and came up with the LOR pipe. looked awesome but every review i read for it said it was ungodly loud. then i ran up on the HR1 Riot, and loved it. Ordered it, real fast shipping and a high quailty product. at a decent price also. i get complements on the sound all the time..its loud, but not blow your ears up loud either. looks super clean and sleak.

food for thought.:sing

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
the HR1 riot is more of a raspy kinda loud. i personly think the lor is the best sounding. I also heard the olson is good, kinda pricey though.
the olson is right around the same price as the LOR

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I had the same problem man, got my bike, HATED the stock scuba tank and wanted to upgrade to something short..started lookin around on youtube and came up with the LOR pipe. looked awesome but every review i read for it said it was ungodly loud. then i ran up on the HR1 Riot, and loved it. Ordered it, real fast shipping and a high quailty product. at a decent price also. i get complements on the sound all the time..its loud, but not blow your ears up loud either. looks super clean and sleak.

food for thought.:sing
My freind who rides with me would disagree. At the right RPM, it would be ear splitting. He like my LOR alot better, and I do as well, sounds really strong and great at all RPMs

·
My R6 eats you.
37 Posts
My freind who rides with me would disagree. At the right RPM, it would be ear splitting. He like my LOR alot better, and I do as well, sounds really strong and great at all RPMs
Well its good to get different opinions! Personally I love my HR1. But im definetly not saying its the best pipe out there, at all. Ive never heard a LOR in person, so i cant say much. Youtube just doesnt do these things justice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts