Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Get One UP
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Arai Rx-7 Tommy Gun model helmet in size Medium. I realize now I should have went with a small.. Is it true that I can order new cheek pads? If so where can i get them?

thanks.

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
If you know it's definitely too big, cheekpads aren't going to help... you NEED a properly fitted helmet... Is it still new? Maybe you can trade for a small...

·
Get One UP
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i purchased it in january online from a helmet dealer on ebay. I used the measuring charts that arai provided and since the weather was shitty i never really got to ride with the helmet on. When i put the helmet on it fits nice and snug but when i ride the wind pushes the helmet up on my head.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
im pretty sure that small and medium use the same shell size, you just have to get the small liner and pads, youo can order them from the website

·
Registered
394 Posts
Actually, medium & large carry the same shell size. You can change those cheek pads out to get them to fit...

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
...U learn something new everyday. LOL.

Cheekpads for the RX-7 shouldn't be too hard to find with a quick Google search...

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
you can order yourself a 32mm cheek pad for like 30 bucks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
depends on how loose your helmet is... like can u turn your head inside the helmet and it sits still or does it stay with your head as u turn?
Ide say if it stays fairly in place when you move around the cheek pads should do good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts