Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the story:

I was going to go out for St. Patty's on Saturday so I took my bike to my girlfriends and parked it outside and then walked to the bars. Left it there over night and was going to ride home in the morning.

Now I don't normally park on the street and felt kinda weird about it, especially knowing people would be drunk as a skunk that night. I even thought about writing down the plates of the guy parked next to me just in case but decided I probably wouldn't need too.

Anyways so the next day I ride home no problem. Today I go outside to head to class and take off the cover and notice something weird on the right side. When I look I see the right slider is smashed in, fairings broken everywhere and my mirror looks extra wobbly (when I go to get it straight I find out it isn't even completely attached anymore).

So I have no idea how long it was on its side or what really happened but I was wondering if anyone has had something similar to this happen to them and what they think I should do? I don't have much money and was actually trying to sell the bike but now that it looks so banged up I feel like I would lose more than I would gain. Do you guys maybe have estimates on how much it would take to fix or if its worth reporting to geico? I know my rates will go up a little but thats ok, I just don't have a grand on me to spend to fix anything. Also I took it down the block and noticed that it drives a little weird and has been weaving a little.

Anyways guys as usual, thanks for your help.

pics are:

Left side (where I think it was hit)
Right mirror (front)
Right mirror (you can see the metal that was snapped off)
Right Slider
Right lower fairing

Attachments

·
stuntin
738 Posts
If it were me I would just hit up the insurance. I say that because if your funds are tight and wanna sell it just pay your deductible and get out of it. If you were going to keep it I would say fix it as you go.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
sorry to hear what happen, really hate how some people have no respect for other people's property.

well, i hope you have full coverage on the bike. you can hit up the insurance like what TJ505 said and they should cover the cost of your repairs.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
If you have full coverage, claim it. You said it was tipped on the right side? Is the exhaust scuffed? Because that's almost always a total loss then. :fact

·
2003 R6
141 Posts
So here's the story:

I was going to go out for St. Patty's on Saturday so I took my bike to my girlfriends and parked it outside and then walked to the bars. Left it there over night and was going to ride home in the morning.

Now I don't normally park on the street and felt kinda weird about it, especially knowing people would be drunk as a skunk that night. I even thought about writing down the plates of the guy parked next to me just in case but decided I probably wouldn't need too.

Anyways so the next day I ride home no problem.

Sucks to hear about your bike but what does your story of St. Patrick's day and parking on the street have to do with anything? You said you rode it home the next morning and no problems. Just claim insurance and be done with it. A shorter story would be good too. :lmao

·
It'll make Ya' blind!
753 Posts
If you have full coverage, claim it. You said it was tipped on the right side? Is the exhaust scuffed? Because that's almost always a total loss then. :fact
:stupic

I'll come pick it up if you don't want the bike anymore :flipoff

Suck's though, glad I don't live within 40 acres of people. Always hated going to town and parking.

·
vroom on a yamaha
550 Posts
Call your insurance and check to see if you have comprehensive insurance. This is usually for when your vehicle was parked and you weren't at fault. The deductible is sometimes lower than if you had actually been in a moving accident.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So bike got totaled out and I'm shopping for a new one. Probably a drz400sm. Thanks for the help though guys, I was surprised they scraped it so quickly, still looked like it was in ok shape.

·
'06R6s 'S' is for Super
532 Posts
So bike got totaled out and I'm shopping for a new one. Probably a drz400sm. Thanks for the help though guys, I was surprised they scraped it so quickly, still looked like it was in ok shape.
If it isn't in such bad shape buy it back from the insurance company and fix it yourself.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it isn't in such bad shape buy it back from the insurance company and fix it yourself.
I thought about it but I don't have anywhere to work on it except my parking lot. But mostly I didn't because my insurance is insane for an r6 and will be about 1/6th the cost for a drz. Plus they just look like so much fun.

One day I'll get another r6, hopefully as a track bike

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts