Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

361 - 377 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
After many years, well since early 80's of riding, I still like to take refresher courses, such as track time in the novice section. I have ridden many different bikes, and own a R6, SV650, FJR1300, DL100. Each has there place for riding. I also have as much money in safety clothing as some of my bikes are worth. I love my SV650the most. It is a great bike I give freely to others to learn on, it has taught me so much, as well as others, and it has enabled my ability to get the maximum out of my other bikes to my ability. I don't think the majority of us, that is 99.9% will ever get the maximum out of our bikes, consistently within our control.

I hope people will really consider doing periodic maintenance on their riding skills, like they invest in periodic maintenance of their bikes. A friend of mine spent two days in a coma, when he wrecked coming out of a turn on a race track in Fl, they guess he slammed the throttle closed in the turn, but it does not matter what happened, he was on a knifes edge to begin with, thankfully in a closed area, and not on the road.

I know I sound like an old turd floating in a punch bowl, but the first post is worth rereading, I did.

361 - 377 of 377 Posts