Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Ready for an R1
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 27th of this month would've been my 2 month mark, owning my first 6 and then...STOLEN!!! Some flippin **** stole my SIHT last night! I get home from class at 915 PM..and then today i went out to hop on it to head to work..and it was gone.. I HATE CALIFORNIA!!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
ouch

·
Around.
21,382 Posts
where was it stored? (garage, in front of the house) any anti theft devices? (chains, disk locks)

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I fcukin hate thieves...

Ill keep an eye out for ya man...Im in Vista 2 days/week

·
Ready for an R1
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
No lojack..no nothin. i just bouht the thing!! I barely had time to do anything to it! I live in an apartment complex here in Vista..It was parked in the free parking spots that the apartment offers. So I asked the guy what the recovery rate was, and he said in the past 5 years..they have recovered 1 bike..It was completely strippe down and dumped in a park.

Insurance has a 500 dollar deductable, but they can't do anything for 30 days to give the Cops time to locate it. They will give me what its worth.

Can anybody give me the numbers they find on how much I can get for the bike..god Im Flippin LIVID!! I got $6300 on a website I looked it..heres the spec.

2007 Yamaha R6 w 6400 miles. I'd give it 8 out of 10 stars on condition.

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
No lojack..no nothin. i just bouht the thing!! I barely had time to do anything to it! I live in an apartment complex here in Vista..It was parked in the free parking spots that the apartment offers. So I asked the guy what the recovery rate was, and he said in the past 5 years..they have recovered 1 bike..It was completely strippe down and dumped in a park.

Insurance has a 500 dollar deductable, but they can't do anything for 30 days to give the Cops time to locate it. They will give me what its worth.

Can anybody give me the numbers they find on how much I can get for the bike..god Im Flippin LIVID!! I got $6300 on a website I looked it..heres the spec.

And last but not least..The insurance lady told me to make sue I report any aftermarket things I had done. My bike was bone stock...but theres no way for them to know what I did to the bike if its not recovered right??
:nono

why risk it now you are just being greedy...

I hate thieves too... but it doesn't seem as though you took any steps to protect yourself...

·
Ready for an R1
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any of you gents see a Blue R6 with a platenumber of 19B2008..SLAY THAT MF!! but dont hurt the bike..I can't believe how PISSED I am right now..

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts

And last but not least..The insurance lady told me to make sue I report any aftermarket things I had done. My bike was bone stock...but theres no way for them to know what I did to the bike if its not recovered right??
Karma is a bitch, and you are setting yourself up for some bull. What you are saying there is just as much stealing as the person that took your bike. Don't bring the "bad ju ju" onto yourself like that.

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
Your ranting on how you hate theives but your considering lying about aftermarket parts to steal money from the insurance....

hmm.. I dont feel too bad for you

·
Around.
21,382 Posts

they usually require proof of purchase for anything they are going to pay you out for.

·
Ready for an R1
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ver well..Maybe this is my state of rage talking. I really am an honest person..and I won't be telling them I have stuff on there that I dont..It's still messed up though.I hope this is the second bike they find..

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
ver well..Maybe this is my state of rage talking. I really am an honest person..and I won't be telling them I have stuff on there that I dont..It's still messed up though.I hope this is the second bike they find..
I hear ya bro. But like the others said, just take what the insurance offers for it. Insurance fraud is a federal offense!!!

·
I am the Stig
451 Posts
Damn dude that sucks. I'll keep an eye out on craigslist and here locally. Shit we didn't even get to ride yet. :nono

1 - 20 of 42 Posts