Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll be moving to the Santa Monica area for a year starting in September and I'm wondering how you other socal members store your bike?

My girl has me looking on westsiderentals.com for a place since I told her I want some kind of garage for my bike.

Do any aprt complexs out there have garage storage? Or am I better off renting the space at a storage place?

TIA.
- e

·
Registered
886 Posts
most of the places i seen out there have gated garages or indoor garages so i guess till you look at the place youll find out but mosto of them haev either or ..

·
Registered
886 Posts
well i dont live in santa monica im always out there riding gots some nice canyons up there by the beach and most of the apartments i seen out there ive seen with garage .. As for were i park my bike .. on my patio then i close my gate and let the pitbull and german shepard stay in the front yard when i sleep at home but most the time im at work since i wortk grave yard so i park it right in front my office next to the door ..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dave said:
well i dont live in santa monica im always out there riding gots some nice canyons up there by the beach and most of the apartments i seen out there ive seen with garage .. As for were i park my bike .. on my patio then i close my gate and let the pitbull and german shepard stay in the front yard when i sleep at home but most the time im at work since i wortk grave yard so i park it right in front my office next to the door ..
Thanks again~ :cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Most apts, at least most of the more higher end complexes, have at least small garages. Most other complexes have at least covered parking.

If its in a place where other people have access to it, be sure to get a thick lock for it.
It would suck to lose your bike when you are so close to the malibu mts.

·
Registered
281 Posts
a lot of apts will have a gated area, but i have not seen any with garages. I am fortunate to have a 2 car garage. If i did not have it, i would definitely spend the money on a storage unit. you won't believe how many bikes out here get stolen.

·
Registered
274 Posts
look for the smaller complex apts, usually units of 5-12 total. thse complex usually have car garages with doors you can lock.
ive heard stories of gated parking and bikes still getting stolen. Its best to find a single car garage imo.
mine is parked in my garage, camera is installed in the garage too. =)
:hammer :hammer

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can park in my garage.. for a fee.

·
Registered
157 Posts
echoes said:
Brav said:
You can park in my garage.. for a fee.
So you can hide my dip-sticks and take pics of me to post on here at my expense!?! Heheh...
Hahaha, I would never...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts