Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I named my dog Rossi.
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know a place here in SoCal, mainly the IE, that will put a pair of take-offs on? I know the liability issues, but maybe if I sign off on something? Thanks for your time :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Anyone know a place here in SoCal, mainly the IE, that will put a pair of take-offs on? I know the liability issues, but maybe if I sign off on something? Thanks for your time :mrgreen:
what do you mean by take-offs? i'm sure berts in west covina, mountain motorsports in montclair, or powertoys in chino will do it. powertoys is family owned and they usually hook it up. just talk to bryan or andrew.

·
I gotta ride!
191 Posts
My buudy had a set of take off's mounted at Cycle Gear in Temecula... Not sure if he had any problems with getting them to do it, but they did.

·
DOC_G on R1-*****
1,110 Posts
what do you mean by take-offs? i'm sure berts in west covina, mountain motorsports in montclair, or powertoys in chino will do it. powertoys is family owned and they usually hook it up. just talk to bryan or andrew.
Take-off are tires someone use on the track they don't want anymore.

·
I gotta ride!
191 Posts
Usually, just used for a few laps while testing set ups... My buddy got a set off a guy that had like 10 laps on them...They only lasted 3 trips to Palomar mtn and they were toast. I'll stick with my Q2's

·
I gotta ride!
191 Posts
I'm on my 3rd set now... My last set got a little over used at Willows in November and I went down. After doing some research, it looks like they just went through too many heat cycles. I had some rainbow coloring in the rubber that I mistook for being pretty cool, must be going fast! Turns out that coloring effect means your tire is breaking down. Tire warmers and a fresh set of Q2's are next on the shopping list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts