Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
...sleeps inside out
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

For sale is my 2006 Anniversary Edition Yamaha YZF-R6.

I bought this bike from the original owner almost 4 years ago with approximately 800 miles on it. The original owner at the time stated he believed the engine to be "blown". Evidently he did not fully tighten the drain plug following an oil change. The plug fell out soon enough but he could not tell me for certain how long it ran without oil.

Nonetheless, I purchased with the intent of rebuilding/replacing the engine and relegating for use as my spare track bike. After the thing sat nearly 3 years in my living room, I finally pulled the engine and separated the cases. I was shocked to find NO ISSUES. The rod bearings were all in great condition....even the grading ink was still present.

Prior to engine reassembly the drive gear engagement dogs were stone deburred and cylinder head combustion chambers lightly polished. Rod and main bearings replaced and clearances measured. Valve lash measured. All O-rings and gaskets replaced as per factory service manual. Woodcraft stator and crank pickup covers were also fitted.

Now that the engine is back in the bike I've decided it's not a candidate for track-duty (my opinion).....way too pretty and could well be a collector's item someday. So, up for sale she goes.

I do have a couple recent vids up on YouTube to demonstrate the condition.

I should disclose there is a scratch on the LH upper fairing and LH mirror due to a tragic 'garage incident'. I have a new-in-box replacement fairing.

Clean title in-hand.

Swing-arm spools and rear-stand are not included.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Best Regards,
Brad

TWO-4-EIGHT-766-ONE-948

Attachments

·
...sleeps inside out
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still have it.

Since there has not been even one inquiry.....perhaps the price is too high. So......lowering it to $5000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.