Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield on my yzf-r6 got a crack. There's no broken piece; just a long crack. What is the best way to fix it? I'm also thinking of buying a new replacement if DIY solution won't give a good result. I saw the Puig and Zero Gravity at http://4wheelonline.com. Anyone familiar with these windshields? Which one is better? Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
Lol, at that price point, just buy a new one. Puig and Zero Gravity are both great brands. There are different shapes to the windscreens you can purchase such as double bubble (which is raised a bit to allegedly improve windflow) so just peruse the website and see what you like. Also talk to Riders Discount on here for great pricing on both.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Drill a tiny hole at the end of the crack. It'll keep the crack from getting bigger.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
If you're thinking Double Bubble, I ended up with ZG's. I didn't like the design ripples of the Puig, but that's just my preference...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I know drilling a hole will stop the crack from getting bigger but it may not look good. I will try acrylic glue/cement first. And yes, I was surprised a bit because 4WO has motorcycle accessories aside from truck parts, but it looks like they have competitive prices. I will also check out the vendors here to find a better deal.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I know drilling a hole will stop the crack from getting bigger but it may not look good. I will try acrylic glue/cement first. And yes, I was surprised a bit because 4WO has motorcycle accessories aside from truck parts, but it looks like they have competitive prices. I will also check out the vendors here to find a better deal.

So its ok to have a crack and glue, but a small hole will not look good. come on Man. Its not like a windshield cost an arm an a leg. On CL you can find a used one for cheap. Even ebay have some china stuff for 25.00 bucks shipped

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts