Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my bike for a while now... When I got it I went ahead and bought frame sliders for it. I was going to put them on until I found out I had to cut through the plastic to install them. Not something I was really wanting to do. Is there a way to put frame sliders on an 02 without cutting?

·
Banned
660 Posts
So I've had my bike for a while now... When I got it I went ahead and bought frame sliders for it. I was going to put them on until I found out I had to cut through the plastic to install them. Not something I was really wanting to do. Is there a way to put frame sliders on an 02 without cutting?
buy a no-cut frame slider duhhh!!:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Psh!!! I've never seen those anywhere around here. A good site to look at them? :D

·
Banned
660 Posts
Psh!!! I've never seen those anywhere around here. A good site to look at them? :D
try lockhart phillips or woodcraft they might have no-cuts for an 02 r6... kneedraggers.com or tobefast.com or check around the forum lots of threads about frame sliders here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I will def try thoughs.

I will be super excited if they do have them :nocontrol

·
Registered
206 Posts
no but there is a way around cutting the end of the lower fairin plastic and only doing the mid worked fine for me and looks fine too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They basically look like pegs on the front of the bike. They help keep the bike from getting messed up when it falls over, ect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no but there is a way around cutting the end of the lower fairin plastic and only doing the mid worked fine for me and looks fine too
Do you have a site, or pics of how to do this?

But at this point, i'm having so many problems with my bike I'm half tempted to sell it and get a new one. The throttle gets stuck, it needs a new clutch, I'm pretty sure my chain is popping and I now need a new chain and possibly a new sproket... ect. Its falling apart!!!! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts