Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah saturday night i was going to show my friend my new bike i was waiting at the intersection going straight and there was a truck waiting across the major intersection in front of me waiting to go left. well the light turned green so i proceeded to go straight before i realized anything i was like oh shit, next thing i know im on the ground crying out wondering if i ever am going to be able to walk again. from one of the witnesses reports states that the truck cut me off and ran me over, it got stuck so it backed up then went around me then left the scene, when he ran me over he broke my femur all i remember is one of my boys above me saying your going to be alright everythings still intact etc. they took me on the ambulance and drove me to halifax where i spent 4 days. i am in my bed now with major road rash on my left arm and left leg my right femur is broken. the surgery went really well on my leg the doctor did a excellent job and i am not even wearing a cast. i can put pressure on my leg but it just hurts to bad to. so i decided to tell this story to everyone because i am going to be in my bed for a few weeks.
honestly this really sucks, i just traded my 03 r6 in for my new 04 blue r1 it only has about 600 miles on it, the whole front end is totaled forks, wheels, lights, clip-on, headers every fairing is scratched. thank god im alive though right? i just turned 19 about a month ago and i love riding and i wouldnt of gave it up for nothing, but now that i see just how much people dont give a **** about no1 but themselfs i think twice, i am scared to get on a bike again even though i probally will one day. i just have bad luck i got in a accident when i was 15 when it wasnt my fault and i fucked my face up then. almost died too and i had my seat belt on but it broke! but i survived that and i survived this so obviously im here for a reason, i got one of the best lawyers around on the case and a lot of people looking for that dodge truck that hit me. you cant help but think --why--
why would he just cut out in front of me like that knowing i got the right of way, or that i was already 1/2 way across the 5 lane intersection. or maybe he knew me and had a vengence out for me, maybe he was drunk, who knows all i know is that im in pain and some dude ran me over and didnt give a ****. thanks for your time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that really sucks, man... I hope they find that guy... and turn the fooker into a small mountain of vicera... with rivers of crimson.... the guilty must be punished

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
first and foremost, it's good to hear you're alive.

did the witness provide the cops any details about the truck?

keep us updated on your situation.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i'm really feeling for you man, i hope the people looking for the driver have Full Clips to put the Bitch down

·
Registered
210 Posts
WOW.....hey man...you lived through it....Thank GOD. You are right when it comes to people not giving a crap regarding bikes. They just don't friggen look sometimes....

Glad to hear you are ok. You are young...you will heal just fine. It could have been so much worse.....head up my man!

·
Ride or Die
174 Posts
Yeah bro. thank god your alive and gonna be able to waly again. My buddy just got ran off the road friday night down in Florida, The dude that ran him off the road kept on going too, My buds got two shattered feet and goes in for surgry on monday. It really pisse me off with all the dumbass, ignorant people that hit and run. I think they should be castrated or may butt raped by a large inmate. Good luk bro, God Bless. :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
you've must have done something right in this life or another to have survived something like that. time will heal your wounds and revive your thirst for riding. i remember you're post after you got your R1 on a killer deal. seems like yesterday. i agree with your outtake on whether its worth it to ride or not anymore. why would someone do that to a person and just drive off? shits messed up. good luck with your healing and don't stop posting just b/c you don't have a bike. you've always been a positive influence on this forum so keep it going.
:flame

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. :roll: I am sure they will get the a$$ that ran you over! :twisted: What goes around comes around. Maybe someone in a bigger vehicle should take him out and run him over and over and over. okay point made.

Hope you're feeling better soon!! :jump

·
Registered
220 Posts
That sucks man I am glad you are not permenently damaged. It seem like every one I know has been recking lately. It makes you think. I hope they catch that guy that hit you. I have bad luck with karma so I am trying to stay in the positive side, but I would certinly try and sue that guy for everything he owns.

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
Man, hope you get better quick. Did you at least get some good pain killers? There are a lot of us in FL here, do you have the truck info? We could keep an eye out for ya.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Feel better man! Look at some :boob , throw a computer :comp , get some :hump , have a :drink if your meds allow it. Once you have recovered its time for :hatchet .

I really to hate people who do crap like this. If they do find that person (and I hope they do) his ass is going to be in a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I broke my femur in a race, so I know what you're going through. I'm glad you're ok for the most part. Keep your head up, and we'll help get you through all of this.

You have lots of friends here my man.
Dave

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
death to the infadel, and glad to hear your doing ok. keep us posted on your condition and how things are happenin with the manhunt

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow everyone thank you its going to take time but i will heal very slow, but what else can i do, it was a maroon dodge with like silver bottom pieces ext cab (95-9x model), like a 2-color car ya know? the front of it has to be smashed in cause he just plowed right into me, dark tinted windows, we think deltona, orange city, maybe debary area, once i get some pictures back ill post em of the bike and myself (eww). thanks for the support

oh yeah theres a nice reward if we do find the asshole :hump

:cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's the type shit that makes me mad. I hate when drivers don't respect the bikers, I had a bitch pass me in my lane, what kind of shit is that. It should be a requirement for all drives to attend the MSF course (non-bikers). I'm glad to here your okay, I hope you have a fast recovery and the catch up with that asshole.

·
Registered
31 Posts
what a jackass the guy in the truck is! i hope he gets what he deserves! get well soon and stay strong! good thing it wasnt worse then it was.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Nick, my man, so sorry to hear this. The good thing is that you are still here with us. coulda been alot worse. But havin chatted with you a few times, there's one thing I got from you. You're a fiesty son of a bitch. You got alot of fight in ya and this is a time to fight and stick with it. Rehab is gonna be long and hard and there's gonna be times when you want to give up cuz it'll be so damn hard. But I know you won't let that happen for your sake or for the sake of your family. Keep your head up. The body will heal and the mind and soul will come out stronger for the struggle and one day you will ride again. It's in our blood. It runs the course of our veins. It is who we are wether we be on the track or on the street.

Head up bro and if you need to talk about anything, hit us up. We are all more than glad to talk with ya and help you thru this.

And there is no explanation for these things that people do. As if we are somehow worth less because we ride bikes. Why? Because they don't cost as much as a car? Because we can't cram 6 of our friends in a 2 door crx? What really pisses me off is that this **** hits you, then realizes it, backs up and takes off. Where are people sense of fuckin responsibility? If it was me who hit someone, anyone, no matter what, I OWE IT TO THEM TO STOP AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE OK! Regardless of the consequences! We all know the consequences of what could happen when we get behind the wheel and drive like asses or just don't pay any fuckin attention. We all have a moral obligation to look out for one another, otherwise, why not get it over with and just give everyone bats or some shit and lets all just start beating the **** out of each other! Murder Death Mayhem! Fuckin disgusts me.........

·
Registered
786 Posts
Man, sorry for the late-ass reply.... but damn.... My whole heart goes out to you dude.... A LOT of bullshit you've put up with so far...I know how shitty it feels to not only be a 'stat' but also to be on the pavement after someone hits you from behind.. (I was the dude who got clipped by the hearing-impaired 87 year old) ... Glad you got witnesses bro.... makes a huge difference.... Sounds shitty, but it coulda been a lot worse (there coulda been no one there; or it coulda turned out like that dude who got clipped while riding to his GF's house, ended up in a sewage drain, mangled hands, etc) ....

I think lota people are scared shitless when they hit people though and know they weren't in a cage like themselves....

But as drivers, we gotta scare some sense into them too (use the Horn and shake your fist more often when you see someone pulling stupidass stuff, ie cellphoning while driving, blowing through redlights, stopsigns, illegal turns) etc.... The longer they get away with that shit, the more likely it'll become habit to them..

·
Registered
786 Posts
oh yehhh, and I almost forgot..... don't forget to watch lota Speed Channel (two-wheel tuesday) to work up your appetite to wanna ride again after some scary shit like that)

Hopefully you won't be sidelined long... All the best

1 - 20 of 40 Posts