Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was riding my bike today and my dad was following me and he said he heard a metal grinding noise.... but me i cant hear anything, every now and then i hear a noise in front by the handel bars like a pinging noise....what can that be?

as far as the grinding noise coming from the back of the bike is that the chain or sprockets? like i said i did hear it but following me my dad said it did not sound good at all:cuss

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Dunno man...the best way to help us help you is post a vid...

The R6 has transmission noises...that could be it, but Id have to hear it to be able to say if its normal or not...

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Post it up on the rear stand and run it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just bought the bike, its my first bike ever. how often do the sprockets and chain go bad at? it is a vortek sprocket. i was reading something and they said maybe the tensioner or cam......??????

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
it'll help tons if you get a video, as far as chain sprockets, ive been told 15,000 miles give or take..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will try to post a video its in the shop getting an alarm put in it right now. "spy 5000m" remote start but when i get it back i"ll post one if i cant seem to find the problem. i think its the sprockets or the chain but like i said i know nothing about bikes, cars on the other hand I'm pretty good at.
thanks guys i"ll try to post a video when the bike gets back to me thanks.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts