Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did search, but my searching skills are kinda weak, so if there is a good resource for this question, could you please point me towards it? Otherwise, I'm just trying to decide if a new slip on exhaust is worth the $3-500 they go for. The previous owner of the bike did a few mods, -1, +2 sprocket, steering dampner, and saftey wired the whole bike for racing. However, it still has the stock exhaust manifold and muffler.

I'm not all that familiar with bike exhausts and performance increases. I would like something a little throatier but not abnoxious. I saw a vid of a two brothers slip on that sounded pretty good at idle and low speed and very nice at highway speed.

This is for a 2000 R6, so would I need to retune the carbs with a slip on exhaust? Ive seen a lot of people saying you need to retune FI after an exhaust job.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You'll probably still need to have it tuned, a slip on is going to have quite a bit less back pressure than the factory exhaust.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the advice, is a full exhaust really worth the money for the 1st gens? Ive heard the later gens dont really get much out of a full exhaust vs. just a slip on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does the exhaust do anything to your fuel efficiency? (assuming youre not contantly on the throttle all the time :)) I know that mine jumped when I did a full exhaust on my WRX with the stock turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts