Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 r6
I need front steel braded brake lines and frame sliders for the entire bike also should I invest is race plastics what is good and for what price am I looking at. thanks and links please

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woodcraft for the sliders. Fren Tubo for the lines. Optimal Racing, Rockwall, Armor Bodies, Sharkskinz... for the bodywork. Just depends on how much you want to spend.
ill spend 400 to 500 on the plastics where does that put me? and do you have link for the web sights for any of that stuff or atleast the prices i should be looking to pay. thank you so much

·
Registered
424 Posts
just wondering what the advantages of steal braided brake lines were? /end thread jack

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
just wondering what the advantages of steal braided brake lines were? /end thread jack
They don't flex like the rubber ones. So when you apply the break, it is a stronger thrust, with more precision and control as well. They help combat brake fade also. They accomplish this by not flexing out under heat.

Also, on many many bikes, there is only 1 line coming off the front master cylinder and it is split down by the fender, or one caliper connects the other one.. When you go stainless, you will have 2 lines straight off your MC to your calipers.

It's a really nice mod for the money IMO

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
i have an 03 r6
I need front steel braded brake lines and frame sliders for the entire bike also should I invest is race plastics what is good and for what price am I looking at. thanks and links please
i get a lot of my stuff from these guys;

www.sportbiketrackgear.com

it helps that i'm about 20 miles away from their store, tho...

s3aturnr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts