Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all so I'm nearing compleation on a 07 r6s revival, was pretty gutted and banged up and I'm working on the headlights, things ive worked on that could be related is, I've installed missing turn signals, new brake light, and switch, everything works well now except for the headlights.
The headlight relays aren't getting power with the bike on and running, I'm having a hard time figuring out if the switch is getting power in, but it's not getting power out.
The fuse is fine and getting power as well, I've picked apart the wiring diagram and I can't seam to figure out what's the in between part from the fuse to the switch, other than the light "sub harness" connector, witch has power too.
The things that's tripping me up is the switch worked on the last bike taken off of, and everything else is working. Any input is very appreciated thanks for Reading!

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
The headlight sockets often suffer damage from corrosion when people leave the caps off. Are you getting power by poking a straight-pin through the wire?

Headlight(s) only activate when the ECU throws ground on the yellow/white wire.
The ECU only grounds that wire once the engine is running. (a lot of people don't realize or know that)

#51 = Primary Relay
#47 = Fuse
#52 = Secondary Relay (for high-beam)

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

Rectangle Product Slope Font Line

1 - 2 of 2 Posts