Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. I have an 08 R6S Raven. Went to the store and when I came out my bike was on the ground. :cuss I think someone sat on it and lost balance or something as it fell down on the right hand side. I was so freaken mad. i ask around and no one saw anything. I'm thinking its a bunch of kids or something.

Anyways, the only damage was done on the exhaust which I'm going to replace anyways. the other damage is on the right mid fairing. These scratches are very light but its on the dull matte fairing. When I wash it, you can't really see it. How can I go about fixing it? I can order another one which is around 250 but I rather put that fund into the exhaust. I'm thinking of getting some black yamaha stickers and covering it up. Also the mirror got some scratch on it so I'm getting that replace. Other than that, nothing else is damage.

I'm so piss. The bike just got 800 miles on it. :cuss

also what oem site do you recommend? i went to mrcycle and www.FlatoutMotorsports.net however they don't have a part number for the mid fairing. I need that to do a search, If someone know what it is, let me know. Thank you

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
damn gremlins...sorry to hear bout that....you didnt have frame sliders on?

·
to many toys :-)
457 Posts
spend the money on the exhaust & find some decals to put over the scratches for now till you get the money to replace them...my 2sents :popcorn:

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
If its scratched lightly.You can sand it with 2500 grit sandpaper.Then repaint it. www.colorRite.com has paint that matches the OEMs.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
damn that sucks. thats always a worry hidden in the back of my mind every time i leave my bike unattended in public places.

good luck sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
sorry to hear about the bike.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
sorry to hear that man. just cover it up with stickers for now, and wait patiently until you find a cheap used fairing off ebay. after about a month of searching on ebay, i got a used one (still looks very) for about $80 shipped.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
Proximity alarms can "help" to prevent this from happening.

Don't rule out some jealous or bike hating individual either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx everyone. I'll cover it up with 2 stickers for now. I just got a mirror. I also ordered some frame sliders. That should have been my first thing I should have gotten is frame sliders. Anyways leason learned.

The turn signal is a bit scratch up as well. I'm thinking of going either with greggs or proton. Which one do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i wouldn't even worry about it actually. a few minor scratches that you can hardly see isn't something to spend a bunch of money worrying about. I wouldn't even replace the mirror or put any stickers on the fairing. i would just let it be..... it adds character. if you were to replace the fairings everytime you got a minor scratch on it you would be spending way to much on, basically nothing. who knows you might actually lay it down or knock it over and crack/break the fairings, now THAT would be worth replacing IMO...just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Lightweight bodyfiller works great. Just use a little fiberglass resin to harden it so it doesnt flake off... Then sand and paint...

·
What!?!
94 Posts
Just remember, it could always be worse. The 5th day I had my '08 R6 I went to Best Buy with it and it was the one day that absolutely no one was there so I parked in the parking lot with no one for 20 spots. Came out and some one had re-ended it and layed it down. Crack head, non-driving old ladies.

·
Registered
47 Posts
sorry to here that. I would b so pissed

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just remember, it could always be worse. The 5th day I had my '08 R6 I went to Best Buy with it and it was the one day that absolutely no one was there so I parked in the parking lot with no one for 20 spots. Came out and some one had re-ended it and layed it down. Crack head, non-driving old ladies.
I feel your pain. Over the weekend some backed in to my bike in the parking lot. My frame sliders saved me from a lot of damage, only one scratch on the tail, a couple on the front wheel fairing, and a bent kickstand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts