Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys! I've been searchin around the forum and lookin through google pages but not quite sure how to word this...Anyway, last semester i had the bike outside and i went out late one nite to get the cover put on, around 3 am, and when i got out there someone had busted off my brake side mirror. In the process of snapping it off, they scuffed my windscreen, it isnt a deep scratch, but its scuffed. I was wonderin if there was anything i could use on the screen buff it out or at least make it better...any help is appreciated! :popcorn:

·
Registered
347 Posts
hello mate, sorry to hear some a**hole decided to do that.. i think i have heard something like this before, or maybe it was on a visor.. cant remember exactly.. but i remember someone mentioning to use wire wool, like a realy thin grade or something. try searching that and hopefully i have helped a little..
paul

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Whoever did that is a ****ing asshole coward. Sorry to hear. :(

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i tried everything to get a scatch out of mine. nothing worked. if it bothers you that much get a new one. if it doesn't keep it. hey at night or in the shade mine it wasn't noticable, it was only visable in the sun.

however i got lucky. my buddy accidently broke it. and he was nice enough to buy me a new one. good luck, let us know if anything works.

·
newb on the road watch ou
10 Posts
hey matt call me this weekend i have some zainos stuff that would probably work to get it cleaned up if not we can put on my old stock shield i just took off

·
Registered
560 Posts
i think i used somethin like fiberglass cleaner on mine and it cleared most of the light scuffs

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i'd prefer to not get another screen since my zerogravity is almost brand new. I havnt really tried much on it so far so i'll give it a shot once i get the bike back out this sunday. Whats also dumb is theres a scuff in the upper fairing from the same incident so hopefully that'll buff out.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll give those a shot...Once it gets cleaned up maybe it wont be too noticable either and i could just be makin it bigger than it is haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts