Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
track is legal heroin
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT-soooo, long story short my buddy just got orders to korea and no longer wants one....dipshi* anyways if someone wants to be gracious enough to support the noble cause of a full write up i will make 1 for someone for 75$ shipped and they can tell me the year and bike it will be for. it will be custom to that bike, i might just need a few measurments but i have alot of friends with alot of different bikes so as long as the guy doesnt own a rc8r then i should have access to it. i do have a r6 in my garage to that would be easiest.

i know im tired of setting my race fairings on the ground just to get scruffed up, scratched, tripped over and so on. saw that alot of the factory teams used fairing holders to set their fairings on. looked into them and the only company i found that made anything like it was in the uk and cost 490 euros. so instead of spending a 1000$ on one and getting it from the uk i figured id spend 38.52 at lowes and this is what i came up with.

collapsed for easy transportation to and from the track, weighs about 4 lbs. made from double wall 1 1/4 inch pvc.

i threw some casters on it so i could move it around easy with the fairings on.

if anyone is interested i have a friend that wants me to make him one so can do a write up on it. and if anyone wants dimensions let me know and ill post up my schematic for it as soon as i get it all done.took me about 2 hours to build and i was figuring it out. with dimensions already there id say about 45 minutes.

·
track is legal heroin
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that's honestly a lot more attention then I thought I would've gotten for them already. I guess I'll just have to do the dimensions and parts list 2maro morning and possibly do that write up.
Thinking about making em an selling them on eBay or something.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts

·
track is legal heroin
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only thing I think I would like to see added is a spot to hang the tank...maybe about the lower?? eh, maybe not??
well i have a few different design ideas floating around. i ride a honda now hence the gas tank cover on the left side. the tank given its weight would have to go on the bottom so a double stack with the tank on the bottom, then the lower, then the tail ect will work. ill post up the design im thinking of for this "r6" one. and you can mess it. playing in autocad now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts