Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the logic behind taping your headlight for the track? something i have always been curious about.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
^+1

It is to avoid all distractions to other riders around you, just like taking your mirrors off too, that way you are completly focused on where you are going, not whats around you.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
ummmm i don't tape up my headlights. i just take the bulb out.

zoom zoom requires you to tape up the headlights.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
At our local track you HAVE to tape, removing bulbs or pulling fuses doesnt fly out there...

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts
sorry to jack this thread, but what kinda of tape do you guys use? 3M? painters tape? i noticed in all the track day pics everyone sports that sporty blue tape

·
21,003 Posts
redwood650 said:
Ill be at zoom zoom this year. Did you take the school? What track did you attend?
thunderhill. I did the one day track class in the B group. Im gonna be going to pacific track days, this year cause it's cheaper.

·
21,003 Posts
Dan87 said:
sorry to jack this thread, but what kinda of tape do you guys use? 3M? painters tape? i noticed in all the track day pics everyone sports that sporty blue tape
i use the painter's tape from wal-mart if i have to tape up the headlights

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It's not for distraction purposes... it's for cleanup after a crash.

Some track days will let you not tape them if the headlights are plastic and not glass, and they don't care if the lights are on either. The last one I went to, for example.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
The tape is to keep sharp plastic or glass shards from the lights from puncturing other peoples tires if you crash.

The best tape to use is 2inch painters tape. It peels off without leaving any residue.

·
21,003 Posts
whats funny is....during tech inspection, they should check the oil filters i didnt go down last year because of broken glass from another rider, i went down cause of oil spewing from another riders bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts