Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Respect Krew
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was idling like crap the other day so I figured it may have been awhile since I changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. I used the Yamalube semi-syn like I was reccomended. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, changed the filter, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The damn bike won't start now. This R6 has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Dude, replace your power band it's probably worn out. And your supposed to hit redlimiter when water's in the crank case. :nono

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
you replaced oil with water and turned it on, your engine is most likely seized up.
If you do stuff like this, what else do you do to the r6? No wonder you have problems with it... You don't know how to treat it.

But this is a joke thread right?

·
Registered
115 Posts
You.. ran... the.. bike with.... water.................. in the engine?! Who ever told you to flush your engine oil sump with WATER has just played most evil April fool's day joke on you. But really, if you were stupid enough to crank an engine over with water in the oil sump then you don't deserve an R6, in this lifetime or the next. This is definitely top 3 roflcopter failures up there with YUT UGH and NOS energy drink guy.

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Seriously? Did I do something wrong?
I'll put money on it that you just locked up your engine bro..
You.. ran... the.. bike with.... water.................. in the engine?! Who ever told you to flush your engine oil sump with WATER has just played most evil April fool's day joke on you. But really, if you were stupid enough to crank an engine over with water in the oil sump then you don't deserve an R6, in this lifetime or the next. This is definitely top 3 roflcopter failures up there with YUT UGH and NOS energy drink guy.
:stupic

·
Registered
421 Posts
And the people hear pick on the people on the gixxer forum... this might top the NOS energy drink in the tank... it's above the headlight fluid atleast

I'm guessing this is where we start making offers on parts? I will give you $100 for both rims but please don't run water through them, it will strip the paint!

1 - 20 of 172 Posts