Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone just wanted to say what's up im 19 from los angeles, im probably going to be picking up an 06+ in the next few weeks or months, ive always wanted one but never had the funds for it but things are looking pretty good right now, i dont have my license yet but i have taken a safety course and will be taking one more before i take the written test. i have ridden some bikes including an 07 r1, and a ducati 749 2 beasts so just wanted to stick to a 600 for now..lol..any suggestions? got my gear already, just picking out insurance companies, any thoughts would be great, you guys seem pretty cool, been on this forum for a while o and you guys have some sick ass bikes for sale to..very tempting..lol

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,747 Posts
:wave...I dont have insurance it is too much so When Cops try to pull me over I run.

I also crash every other weekend into some one elses shit and just drive off...

I am being a dick

Welcome
Dont have you first bike be a R6 EVEN if you have ridden other bikes before start small and work your way up :fact

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
^^ started on a moped and then a street legal CR50..and thennn bought his R6 which he still cant handle..but he likes tacos. so we cant complain..since it IS taco tuesday :fact

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,747 Posts
^^ started on a moped and then a street legal CR50..and thennn bought his R6 which he still cant handle..but he likes tacos. so we cant complain..since it IS taco tuesday :fact
I dont Ride Honda's :fact

Welcome again..

I am only saying this becasue I just wacthed a guy that had no bussiness being on a bigger bike lose the use of his legs for the rest of his life :fact

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:wave...I dont have insurance it is too much so When Cops try to pull me over I run.

I also crash every other weekend into some one elses shit and just drive off...

I am being a dick

Welcome
Dont have you first bike be a R6 EVEN if you have ridden other bikes before start small and work your way up :fact

i understand your points of views on buying a 600cc as a first bike, but to be honest ive used 250's before and other than being restricted the power i dont see a point in them..you can still go pretty fast in them, still can drive like a jackass, still can get hurt just as bad. i think it just comes down to how responsible you are with the power your given, i know ima piss more than a few people off but thats just my opinion.

and sry to hear about your friend,i lost a friend in a motorcycle accident last year...

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
X2>Whale Cum! Enjoy the Forum! Use the search button wisely, i actually recommend searching the site via google. Just search the whole R6-Forum site by using the advanced search and 'search within site' parameter. Works way better than searching thru the forum search bar. Just my 2cents...:toocool:

·
I eat pancakes 4breakfast
368 Posts
welcome.. hope you get your r6.. its all good man... i started on a 47cc pocketbike.. LOL.. i was like damn.. gotta save up for a real bike.. then i got my r6.. lol.. yeah, hit me up when you get your bike so we can ride.. laters.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you feel you can respect a 600 the by all mean get one

Besides you can't go wrong with a 06+ R6 :fact

Again Welcome
im pretty sure i can..lol..i dont like pushing more than what i know i can do when it comes to these things..and thanks for the warm welcomes..lol

welcome.. hope you get your r6.. its all good man... i started on a 47cc pocketbike.. LOL.. i was like damn.. gotta save up for a real bike.. then i got my r6.. lol.. yeah, hit me up when you get your bike so we can ride.. laters.
haha..tell me about im pretty much close to paying off my car so the extra cash flow is tempting..and ever since i saw the 06 come out i was just :eek5:worship

we gotta get a LA R6 group together this summer on weekends or something.
that would be cool seeing as how most of my friends are to pussy to own up to a bike..lol

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, we will. Ima setup some sweet meets, from canyons rides to bike nights. Stay tune.

As for the noobie, get a blue 6!!!! :D
that would be dope, you guys have some sick bikes, would love to see them in perosn, but blue r6 is on the list of what color i want which is
1. white and red(doubt ill find one for around 5 grand..lol)
2. raven
3. gray
4. blue
5. orange

·
Registered
339 Posts
yeah dude get one already! I just got mine last week.
The guys are trying to give you good advice but as long as you know yourself that you are a responsible rider you will be alright. Know the bike's limits but most importantly know YOUR limits. Also ride like every cager is out to get you, that helps me alot haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts