Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I did a search before I wrote this but theres to many damn sprocket threads sorry to add to it. none of the ones I read answered my question.

-------------------------------
My friend just bought a 03 r6 with 1 tooth down in the front and 2 up in the rear with a 520 conversion. the damn bike made me want to put my 01 gix 750 away and play with my ladies 03 r6 for now. There was no lag before 6k like on a stock r6 and throttle response was so smooth.

The only thing about that setup is its just a straight stunnin setup and I didn't enjoy it in the twisties. Plus on the long freeway ride home I didn't like the feeling of sitting on a oven.

Is there a similar sprocket setup that will eliminate the lag before 6k rpm but still have some decent high end speed? Will just 3 up in the rear with stock 530 chain achieve that?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
you can go up 3 in the rear but why not go down 1 in the front, its the same and its cheaper. and why go back to the stock chain, the 520 saves circulating weight and lets your power get to the ground easier. i have 1 down in the front a 1 up in the back and love it. i can still hit the 150s for a top speed and havent had a prob with the twisties yet, but i know if i had a more twistie road i would probably rather have a little less acceleration :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts