Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
wat?
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously a "B" bike is the ideal, but for those of stuck with only one... what do you bring as spare parts to the track?

I've started trying to buy small things when I see them fail/break for someone else. Currently I am at:
- foot pegs
- bars
- levers
- rectifier
- stator
- clutch kit
- consumables (brake pads, brake fluid, oil, etc.)
- fairing stay
- bodywork (don't always bring this though, as it takes up a lot of space)

Other things I'd like to add:
- spare MC (I used to have one)
- spare gauge cluster
- spare subframe
- full set of spare rearsets

Anything else that people have found worthy of tossing in a spares box?

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
A bunch of metric hardware (nuts & bolts).

Windshield.

Exhaust strap/mount might be a good one to have a spare of. Mine got busted in my crash.

Rearsets, bars and levers seem to be the best bang for the buck, spare wise. They're contact points in a crash, and they're things that will keep you from riding the bike if they get messed up. They're also cheap and don't take up much space.

I personally would not bother hauling around a whole second set of bodywork. If you fcuk up the bodywork so bad that you can't ride the bike with it, I'm willing to bet something else is really busted up too.

·
wat?
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally would not bother hauling around a whole second set of bodywork. If you fcuk up the bodywork so bad that you can't ride the bike with it, I'm willing to bet something else is really busted up too.
That's kind of been my approach so far. I have a spare windscreen in the box that I will pull out, since that's easy enough to transport.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
nuts, bolts, oil, rearsets, levers, clip ons. If my day goes worse than that, time to pack it in.

·
wat?
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nuts, bolts, oil, rearsets, levers, clip ons. If my day goes worse than that, time to pack it in.
Well I just bought a rectifier because guy pitted next to me this last weekend, his died. And weekend before, a friend's burnt up. Both were able to swap it and get back out in 2 min just by having a spare. I figure for $35, it's something that's inexpensive to have in a box in the trailer, and it may either it'll save my day or save someone else's.

Things like engine, forks, etc. I figure are indicative of something pretty gnarly, so I'd be going home for those (plus they are $$$$$).

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
A set of grips and maybe a throttle tube would come in handy. And the right colored tape if you need to make a new number plate for the windscreen.

·
wat?
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A set of grips and maybe a throttle tube would come in handy. And the right colored tape if you need to make a new number plate for the windscreen.
I've got the grips already (renthal softs wear fast). I have a spare stock throttle tube, the graves one I use is so expensive that I am loathe to carry one as a spare :(

Good call on the vinyl. I'm going to wait until I can just buy white though :flex:

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
water pump. it's not a matter of if one will go, but when.. just buy an entire assembly with the housing on ebay for $35-45 . Keep it wrapped up .

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
obviously a "b" bike is the ideal, but for those of stuck with only one... What do you bring as spare parts to the track?

I've started trying to buy small things when i see them fail/break for someone else. Currently i am at:
- zip ties
- zip ties
- zip ties
- zip ties
- zip ties
- zip ties
- consumables (zip ties, zip ties, zip ties, etc.)
- zip ties
- zip ties (don't always bring this though, as it takes up a lot of space)

other things i'd like to add:
- zip ties (i used to have one)
- spare zip ties
- spare zip ties
- full set of spare zip ties

anything else that people have found worthy of tossing in a spares box?
fify

1 - 12 of 12 Posts